HP OMEN 15 and 17 owners lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by tweake628, Aug 23, 2017.

1. OMEN 17-cb0009nl

OMEN 17-cb0009nl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did repaste with MX-4 about 6 monts ago, but the results, while good, are not that great.

Probably a bad apply on my part, will have to find some time to do it again

2. Burrick

Burrick Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Crisis averted: Thought I'd update everyone with my experience with the Win10 2004 update. Omen 17t 2019 i9-9880h/2080
    It took the update fine and was operating normally today, but I noticed the CPU watts were way down on Afterburner. I ran Cinebench and sure enough if it was dropping down to 45W, contradicting my Throttlestop settings. I finally allowed it to update Omen Command Center, and ran Support Assistant and updated the Omen SDK. Reboot, and in performance mode it's still running at 90W with no dip. Ran throttlestop, it's still accepting my undervolt. There were some Intel and HP updates that ran, so something somewhere caused it to revert and Throttlestop to not work, but it seems fine now. I'll keep an eye on it.
    I'm tentatively saying the 2004 update seems okay and will update if that changes. Oh, it uninstalled CPU-Z for some reason. Weird.

3. OneSickOmen17t

OneSickOmen17t Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Most likely the Omen Command Center SDK. After I installed it my FPS and thermals went up on my 2020 Omen 17t-cb100. Then I repasted and I'm sitting pretty. LOL