HP Omen 15 (5XXX series) Gaming Notebook

Discussion in 'HP' started by DrClone, Oct 8, 2014.

1. D30

D30 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have this issue as well, and I suspect that the later BIOS updates are at fault for this. The power supply has been working fine, temps aren't near the throttling point, so why is the laptop throttling? It seems like planned obsolence by HP...

I've had this great machine since December 17 2014 and it seems like its days are coming to an end. I spilled coffee over the keyboard, my Enter button and the arrow buttons have died. I've reconfigured the P6 Button to the 'Enter' key and it works fine. I'd love to replace both the keyboard and battery, but if there's no fix for the sudden throttling I don't see the point in spending a lot of money on getting my laptop fixed.

BTW: Does anybody know a good source for a battery and a Scandinavian keyboard?

@David.P your fan controls have been something I've used and loved a great bunch since 2015. Thanks for that mod, man. Super happy that you shared it with us!

2. zeusthedino

zeusthedino Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello All,
    I purchased this HP Omen 15-dc0051nr 60hz screen yesterday from microcenter, and the laptop is great! But I noticed the screen is tinted yellow/orange, as you can see in the pictures compared to my other laptop. Yes I have turned off any color changing programs, is this normal? Should I get an exchange? It looks like flux is permanently on hah

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. David.P

David.P Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I did a fresh Win 10 install, and everything works great, except (as usual) the dreaded HP Omen Control tool. I used the one linked here:
    Particularly, the Omen programmable keys can be programmed but still don't work.

I also installed sp73248 (HP System Event Utility) from the official drivers page.

Thanks for any ideas how to make HP Omen Control fully working!

4. zeusthedino

zeusthedino Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone have problems with audio Latency? I produce music, and when using the program the audio always clicks and pops, I ran latency monitor and the DPC latency is much higher than my older machine. Ive updated bios, reinstalled windows twice, and still the latency is horrible.
    Here are my stats, it gets much higher
    https://i.gyazo.com/105b8804f6e9ca38fe8646a723868b20.png

5. D30

D30 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Have you by any chance disabled the HP Message Service in the Start menu?

6. D30

D30 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just replaced the battery of my laptop and I am getting a wonderful 4-5 hours of use again!

I need to replace the keyboard. Does anybody have a link on instructions on how to disassemble the laptop? If not, I'll have to explore my way through.

7. justinkw1

justinkw1 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    A good place to start would be the HP OMEN 15-5xxx maintenance and service guide located here - http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04620176

Looking through it, you may have to replace the entire keyboard/top cover though.

8. scarletfever

scarletfever Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone know when this laptop is getting refreshed with RTX?

9. amazer

amazer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    New Omen laptops with upto 244hz 1080p display with 2060,2070maxq and 2080maxq coming in May 2019. However, it has the same design and last year, not the original one’s (dare I say) awesome design. Has too much of gamer look

10. scarletfever

scarletfever Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Double post