HP Omen 15 (5XXX series) Gaming Notebook

Discussion in 'HP' started by DrClone, Oct 8, 2014.

1. David.P

David.P Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Whoaa DaXn, how could I miss out on this great tip? Just tried and ran that *.exe manually, and instantly the left P-Buttons worked again, without having to run that stupid Omen Control tool as usual like every day!

Thanks man ;)

2. David.P

Reputations:
    Guys, since the day I did this trick for the first time (and out of curiosity, tried those Fn+T and Fn+R shortcuts, which however seemed to do nothing), I have the following issues with the Omen:
    1. the battery switches between "not recognized" and "recognized" states every couple of minutes; and
    2. the touchpad works after every reboot for a couple of minutes and then stops working.
    Any ideas what could have happened here? Updating to the latest BIOS F.45 Rev.A didn't help.

3. David.P

Reputations:
    Additionally, the Omen loses all wireless connections including Bluetooth after a couple of hours and has to be restarted in order to make wireless work again. On shutting down, it crashes and has to be switched off by holding the power button.

WTF? Could this be caused by the Win10 1803 update which I got in July?

4. amazer

amazer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Updated my bios to the latest one too. There was no issue that I faced in terms of buggy interface or fan noise increase etc.. which were our regular issues with bios update. However, post a week of update, I have also noticed issue in some buttons not working properly. E.g. - was playing metro redux on my laptop, when tried decreasing the volume while gameplay, but the buttons for volume increase or decrease were not working... only change made was bios updation

5. David.P

Reputations:
    OK thanks. The battery issue at least is not related to Win10 v.1803, since it is also present when the Omen is booted into the previous Windows version 1709.

Can't also be a BIOS issue because the problems started already with the previous BIOS...

6. David.P

Reputations:
    BTW does the Omen have a BIOS (RTC) Battery? Couldn't find one inside :(

7. DaXn3

DaXn3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hii people.... I'm really disgusted with my machine.........

The THING is that there is a FANS problem detected by the bios and, as all i understand, the BIOS is limitating the maximum speed of the processor, on a maximum of 32% of its performance.

I've contacted with HP to search a solution and i should send them to change its fans.... And we are talking about 169 € (a multi part reparation, to try to solve another problemes like a hinge malfunction or my dead battery rounds the 400 € ....

I'm very confused about what to do. Jusr repair the fans and try to take advantage of it some more years or maybe switch to another machine (because the amount of preblemes i suffered with my Omen .......... U_U

Agggggggggggggg....... Send me your apinions please.

PD: David.P , did you finaly solved your problem with the trackpad ??? I did not suffered any problem with that trick.

8. David.P

Reputations:
    Are you sure that this is a problem with the fans? I have this symptom occasionally as well that the Omen would run on a very low, fixed CPU frequency. This seemed to be related to the power supply, and in my case usually can be cured by unplugging and re-plugging the power supply plug to the Omen.

I would be surprised if the Omen would have the ability to sense the functionality of the fans at all.

In my case, the trackpad unfortunately still stops working after a couple of minutes. It then has to be deactivated and reactivated from the mouse control panel. So it really seems to be a software problem.

9. DaXn3

DaXn3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Could be about different trackpad controllers in your system??? Check that.

I will check tonight the powe supply but, on the laptop start, a bios message appears advising about the trouble. I can only continue pushing Enter. If not, the system **** down....

10. David.P

Reputations:
    What do you mean with "trackpad controllers" -- drivers, or something else?

Can you post a photo of your BIOS message?