HP Omen 15 (5XXX series) Gaming Notebook

Discussion in 'HP' started by DrClone, Oct 8, 2014.

1. David.P

David.P Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. David.P

David.P Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My Omen's audio behaves strange and I'd like to disable everything but the bare audio drivers (i.e. disable Beats Audio, Realtek audio manager etc.).

Anyone knows how to do that?

Edit: I changed the driver for the Realtek Audio Device in Device Manager to a generic "High Definition Audio Device" by Microsoft, and this seems to have deactivated both the Realtek Audio Manager and the Beats Audio control panel.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  3. DaXn3

DaXn3 Newbie

Reputations:

NOPE... Some days after to try it and stress my laptop; Those drivers are just a copy-paste from the Nvidia ones.... So, maybe that ...

IMPORTANT ,is more like a.... CURIOUS one, if you like it more than what i posted before.

Anyway, i recomend you to download the last Nvidia Geforce drivers ( 391.35 ) if you care about your privacy and security. This one affect directly on the security holes most known as Meltdown ones...

So, take it if you want and remember that it's a little important one too :rolleyes:

4. amazer

amazer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    All I want is a non- broken NVIDIA driver which optimises the graphics and does not s&$w the laptop with blue screen errors. It this latest driver stable and not breaking anything?

5. amazer

Reputations:
    Just an update to my earlier post - tried some games on the new 391.xx driver. Performance was worse in terms of FPS in all games like Wolf 2, Doom, assassins creed, wolf - TNO, Titanfall 2.. reverting back to the HP product site drivers..

6. Anionz

Anionz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've been having a problem with my Omen's touchpad for a while where it wouldn't respond to my clicking or movement for a while and then after maybe 10-30 seconds it will startup again.

This morning the touchpad has completely stopped working, I opened up the laptop to see if there was any loose connection or anything but did not notice anything. Is anyone aware/had this problem and knows how to fix it?

7. amazer

Reputations:
    Boss, was there any dust accumulation on water spill on the trackpad? You can also check if all the sides of the trackpad are pressing downwards or if you feel that there is some resistance in movement of trackpad surface.
    Omen’s trackpad was always a mixed bag where it misses some of the swipes and gestures. In any case, would suggest to take it to nearest HP service center in your area. Have not read any trackpad related problems on this forum or otherwise.

8. GreatD

GreatD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is it fine for my HP Omen 17 i7 7700HQ to game at between 83 and 90 C°? I've undervolted it to -118 mV and reduced turbo to 3.2 GHz as the CPU was going to 98 C° I've reposted with Thermelake TG-4 and the temps idle at 39° for the GPU and the CPU 43° I hope this is this normal.

9. GreatD

GreatD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi Amazer. Please advise, I have a HP Omen but the fan RPM doesnt get to full power potential but during updating a BIOS or flashing it spins at full power but not when gaming? Is this normal?