HP Omen 15 (5XXX series) Gaming Notebook

Discussion in 'HP' started by DrClone, Oct 8, 2014.

1. DaXn3

DaXn3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So... my apologies to ask it again.... as i'm desperate. But, had anyone of you, here, this same issue with its Omen and,... Any idea of how to solve it ??
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/VYTRl1vGR3Kpu8kJ3 (Vídeo)

I forced to install the last Intel drivers but it runs crazy anyway.

Fan Control helps me to minimize it and thanks to David.P profile it happens like 75% less times, but the laptop stills making me crazy. Do you believe is a hardware malfunction or are you experimenting the same rare fan behaviours?? Thnks ans sorry for being persistent..

2. David.P

David.P Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Never seen a fan behavior like this.

You could try my latest config (as attached) which controls both fans with the same RPM, based on CPU temperature (not intended for gaming).

Attached Files:

3. David.P

Reputations:
    Btw. I have changed the battery now as well. The old battery was heavily bulging and practically dead.

Regarding the fans, when opening the Omen, there was no dust whatsoever to be found in the fans or in the cooling fins, although the Omen has been running 24/7 for more than two years -- of course thanks to Stefan Hirschmann's NBFC which has made it possible to reduce fan run time by an estimated 98% :vbsmile:

4. DaXn3

Reputations:
    Nice thing!!!

Hey David.P, thanks for your response. i'm trying this profile since you answered me and by now it looks really great! Obviously without fans activated temperature is like 10 dgress above (arround 50/55ºc on normal use) but fans do not start spinning crazy as before, at less non without stress.

I'll post later how this behaves in time and under stress / gaming.

And yeeep, NBFC saved my life tooo... haha.

I'm thinking seriously to change my battery too. An emergency HP message started to appear when i ****ch on my computer.

5. David.P

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I still haven't figured out how to get the P1 to P6 keys (leftmost row on the keyboard) to function permanently.

After every reboot, the custom key mappings (only simple things like Page Up/Down etc.) I assigned to these keys only start to work after I briefly open the HP Omen Control program and then close it again.

Thanks for any ideas!

David.P

DaXn3 likes this.
  6. D30

D30 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    You need to update the System Event Utility. Also make sure that you have not disabled any of the HP services that run on startup.

David.P likes this.
  7. David.P

Reputations:
    Thanks D, will check that!

8. DaXn3

Reputations:
    I tried this and... no way :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    !!!!!! IMPORTANT UPDATE HERE, FOR OUR LAPTOP !!!!!

Since 1 month ago, there is disponible a HP update for our Nvidia Drivers.

Controlador de gráficos NVIDIA (Windows 10 v1709)

Type:
    Controller
    Version:
    23.21.13.8873 Rev.C

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-omen-15-5000-notebook-pc/7281265/swItemId/ob-204390-1 (take a look to be sure is your machine version, but i'm sure is a generic one download)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just updated this and implements stability issues for my fans, for sure, and other security issuess (they specially added this one to prevent Meltdown and Spectre processor design problems.

There are other controllers updated too, soo take a look at your country HP drivers.

I considere it really important as, for sure again, it's going to be the last major official update for our graphics processor. As you know, the manufacturers drivers are always the best solutions for our machines.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  9. DaXn3

Reputations:
    Is your day ( and mine ;D )

Then, if i'm in the right way, you need run this one after you star the laptop:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP OMEN Control\HPOMENCMD.exe

Is easy to do on the "Task Scheduler" that windows offers in your sys.

EDIT: Remember to start is as a System user (it looks safe so..) and hidden, and any promp window will go up to your screen. I've tryied and it works fine.....

Right now i'm searching how to solve the non function of Profiles :S and other shortcuts like the Fn + T or Fn + R for the touchpad .

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  10. amazer

amazer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is interesting to see update even after almost 3+ years - have a 860m version. I hope the drivers are for 860m GPU