HP Omen 15 (5XXX series) Gaming Notebook

Discussion in 'HP' started by DrClone, Oct 8, 2014.

1. GadgetBoi

GadgetBoi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Amazer, I am using Nvidia GeForce Experience application and update drivers from there. It'll give you the option to do a clean install or just update. I'll post some screen caps next week after I complete battery exchange.

2. amazer

amazer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I also have GeForce experience installed on my laptop. Can someone please guide as to how clean install of drivers is done through GE force experience?

3. GadgetBoi

Reputations:
    From the GeForce Experience windows after driver download I pick custom installation and then select "Perform Clean Installation" Option.
    DRV2.JPG DRV3.JPG
    I'll also say if your fans are spinning up during normal activity and not game play, you may also benefit from a Intel GPU(HD 4600) driver update detailed in the link below the pic. I am currently on
    IntelDRV.JPG
    Reference this post but you'll have to search the site for the latest driver versions:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    amazer likes this.
  4. amazer

amazer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks Boss, I used to go through express installation generally. Once I tried the custom installation, but never checked the option below for clean install

5. GadgetBoi

Reputations:
    Replaced the battery this week. Original one was in pretty bad shape, only charged to around 60-63%. Bottom panel popped right off due to the battery swelling. I also cleaned and re-applied thermal compound and new thermal pads
    upload_2018-2-2_15-41-25.png

David.P likes this.
  6. DaXn3

DaXn3 Newbie

Reputations:
    WAW...!!! It's ok!! I followed your instructions and finally updated my Intel drivers to the latest ones.

Those drivers ara here >>> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...phics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496
    And is easy to find the last ones for our processor in Intel's website.

Lets see if in the following days the fans go calm FINALLY as anyone could spect from them.

And obviously a big smack to HP and Microsoft :mad: .... for their bad support on the management of this kind of "little" things.....................................

I love this HP hardware... They have got an insane design but this trouble gets me crazy and right now is hard to me to recommend an HP laptop again..... (BUT).. When i look arround on stores their new laptops i'm still believing they have the best light beautiful designs ....

WEll! Lets see.. i will post my next feelings here with the latest drivers. Thansk so much GadgetBoi for the recap on this i missed.

Pic here! >> [​IMG] https://imgur.com/Xuo3ZMY [​IMG]

7. GadgetBoi

Reputations:
    Good to hear DaXn3, keep us posted. If the latest version drivers give you issue(s) try one of the older versions. There's been times in the past where I reverted back to one of these due to heat up and driver performance for a particular app. I use MatLab and JMP quite a bit and have found reverting to an older driver version helped with thermal control and app performance when running scripts and simulations. .4501 was an all around good performer for me
    upload_2018-2-5_15-32-26.png

8. D30

D30 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello fellow OMEN-owners :)

I have noticed that sometimes when I shut down my computer without closing the programs (a FULL shutdown) and turn it back on again, all the programs I had opened prior to shutting it down reopen automatically. And YES, I do go into 'Start', go into the Power Menu and 'Shut off'. Has anybody else experienced this?

@GadgetBoi My battery is swollen as well! Where did you get your replacement?

EDIT: Silly me, it's a 'feature' introduced with the Fall Creators Update... Okay then...

9. David.P

David.P Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info! I have to change the battery as well. Can you elaborate a little how you did the other steps (re-applying thermal compound and new thermal pads)?

10. GadgetBoi

Reputations:
    I Ordered for ebay, had pretty good luck with these guys in the past but its a coin toss
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-ba...320854?hash=item238d0d65d6:g:RiUAAOSwhilZYybz