HP Omen 15 (5XXX series) Gaming Notebook

Discussion in 'HP' started by DrClone, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Eclipse251

Eclipse251 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    According to the General Manager and Vice President of Personal Systems for APJ Anneliese Olson, HP will also be focusing on expanding its Omen series of gaming devices. So my guess is, we should hear something pretty soon,probably around this summer.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  2. necrophyte

necrophyte Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    that'd be amazing... havent heard of anything like that, but hope its true. and hopefully theyll make the omen less blackbox and more user-accessible and configurable, something towards the direction of the notebooks ive mentioned before.
    yeah, a zbook with a consumer gpu would be my dream notebook, but i highly doubt that since theyve always been seperating the business and consumer line very strictly, and i really know of the differences, especially regarding build quality and support, since ive been owning business notebooks for many years, as well as the envy 17 3d now since 2011 - the consumer line is garbage compared to the buisness line, no matter how premium some of their consumer products may be marketed as (and the envy 17 3d really was the top premium consumer notebook until the 3200 line).

and if they put in new nvidia gpus, then the pascal (GP100) line which should be released in june; 965m is just somewhere in-between the old 960m (gm107) and somewhat newer 970m (gm204); so its still on the bottom end among real gaming notebooks

3. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    A few folks said that HP reps told them that the Zbook Studio was "Omen inspired". I am not sure if the team of engineers who made the Omen were absorbed in the consumer or business side of HP, but the entire new Zbook lineup looks remarkably similar to the Omen in design. Hopefully whatever they end up releasing will be similar.

4. Th4tRedhe4d

Th4tRedhe4d Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did a clean install of Windows 10 last night and then found out that the Omen Control software has been removed from the driver page of the Omen. Anybody have a link to it?

5. GadgetBoi

GadgetBoi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Th4tRedhe4d likes this.
  6. Auduno

Auduno Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I also did a clean install of win 10 last week, and used the omen control installer linked above.
    Everything in OC like hotkeys etc that didn't work befoer, now works like a charm
    I have also updated everything to the latest driver, BIOS etc. :)

7. SamDeng2

SamDeng2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys. Anybody know how to shut off the fan lights and speaker lights. I just got my Omen and I want to be able to take it to work. Also has anybody had any issues with the hinge?

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  8. David.P

David.P Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can you guys conform the touchpad problems as reported by Notebookcheck.com?

Touchpad
    The Synaptics ClickPad without dedicated buttons is not a so-called HP Control Zone touchpad, but it is still unusually wide. [...] We cannot criticize the precision, but the response: The touchpad often just did not recognize simple taps to select an element, for example. This also means drag & drop with a double tap does not work reliably.

Or better, anyone has found a workaround or solution?

The touchpad is close to unusable on mine. It does not get like almost every third click.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

9. Th4tRedhe4d

Th4tRedhe4d Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I had problems with light taps in the past so I just quit using them.

10. SamDeng2

SamDeng2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys. Anyone know how to shut off the vent lights permanently. I want to be able to take the laptop to work. Would really appreciate your help.