HP Omen 15 (5XXX series) Gaming Notebook

Discussion in 'HP' started by DrClone, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Auduno

Auduno Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Both Battlefield 4 and the witcher 3 runs smoothly as always on win10. Are you hooked up on AC power? If so, try to pull it out.
    Had this problem on 8.1 where all games lagged as hell, i'd say 2-3 fps, on AC power. When unplugging the ac it got smooth again and I could replug the AC.

2. Satego.x200

Satego.x200 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So I already received my SM951 today
    Removing the rubber feet carefully was no issue - and they definitely do not get destroyed ! I did it without a heat gun with a sharp plastic piece.
    Changing the M." device was easy .
    Then it came to the point reassembling.... well the adhesive of the rubber feet got a bit "destroyed" at some points but it was still strong enough to fit back and stays there - I would say removing them ONCE and fit them on again works - But I am not sure if you do it more than once or twice - Then you may really need to put new adhesive onto them.
    Windows installation still running - I am curious to see the read an write speeds of the SM951 later...

BR

GadgetBoi likes this.
  3. seishi94

seishi94 Newbie

Reputations:
    Rejoice! HP omen control is back after the update..

4. seishi94

seishi94 Newbie

Reputations:
    When you say smooth..what settings do you use?

5. spliffstar

spliffstar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    im running the sm951 and the omen does not run it at its full capablity crystal benchmark scores come in at about 860 while ive ran it in another system at over 1300

6. GadgetBoi

GadgetBoi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, working great again for me also. There is an updated wireless button driver that dropped too.

7. Auduno

Auduno Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    As of Witcher 3 i posted my settings earlier in this post :)

I have an irritating issue with scrolling.. I am used to regularly two finger scrolling where you move your fingers towards you to scroll down, and towards the screen to scroll up.
    As standard the omen now has reversed scrolling, and i have to change this setting every time i reboot the computer.
    Also, even if I change the setting, the scrolling through all the programs in the startmenu is reversed. HATE IT

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  8. Satego.x200

Satego.x200 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well then you are lucky , I get only 750/s with Crystal DM , oddly I get over 800 for write Speed.
    But I have the 500GB now and ist not slower than the orig. Sandisk 256 GB M.2 PCie

The Intel Rapid Storage Driver/Programm is useless if only PCie M.2 and no Sata devices installed or am I wrong ?
    Thx

9. PaKii94

PaKii94 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    What update are you talking about? I don't see it on the driver page and HP isn't showing updates...

10. spliffstar

spliffstar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    im assuming the pcie bus on the omen is only 1 or 2x ...kinda sucs not being able to use my ssd at its full capability