HP Omen 15 (5XXX series) Gaming Notebook

Discussion in 'HP' started by DrClone, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Satego.x200

Satego.x200 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Great thanks - that worked more then great . 67C max now and still have (almost) my 60 FPS ;)
    Perfect help !

Th4tRedhe4d likes this.
  2. Satego.x200

Reputations:
    Hi Folks,
    I would like to upgrade my OMEN with a 512 GB Samsung SM951 PCie SSD
    This drive should work ?

Also about the rubber feet... I found Videos how to remove and open the Omen.... Anyone did open it already ? How did you get the rubber feet on it again afterwards ? Any hints ? Are they reusable ?

Thx

3. who is AEK

who is AEK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you have the Omen with the m.2 SATA slot, it'll work. The rubber feet, according to HP, aren't reusable. I would think double-sided tape would work, though. I don't know of anyone that has tried to put them back together.

4. Satego.x200

Reputations:
    Ok THx - Yes I have the one with teh 256 GB PCie M.2 So I have ordered the SM951 Samsung 512...
    With the rubber feet I will then just try...

THx

5. Auduno

Auduno Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Been thinking about upgrading my 256gb harddisk too. Let us know how it goes! :)

6. amazer

amazer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is one thing on this forum in which people have been discussing a lot. Will really help as soon as you provide your views on same

7. amazer

amazer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi all, need some help. I also took the plunge and upgraded to windows 10. But there are some issues on which need your help-
    1) trying to play games like GTA V, which was running smooth on 8.1, but is running extremely slow (even if i right click on the game icon and select nvidia geforce high performance GPU). Checked on temperatures and they seem to be low. Looks to me as if nvidia GPU is not starting up. Have upgraded to latest nvidia driver 353.62. Have no issue of fan always on etc. power mgmt. for processor in advanced power setting is 100%.
    2) there seems to be some issue with Omen ops. Had installed the latest version after upgrading to 10. It does not seem to work or change any light setting.

8. Satego.x200

Reputations:
    Sure SM951 Samsung 512GB should be here Tuesday latest Wednesday - I will Report back how it went especially with the rubber feet.

9. who is AEK

who is AEK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It shouldn't be hard to upgrade the drive at all. Just make sure you either have another copy of Windows & drivers or you clone the current drive that's in there BEFORE you upgrade the SSD. It's the rubber feet we're all curious about.

10. spliffstar

spliffstar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i have removed my feet what i suggest is to use a heat gun to make the adhesive soft