HP Omen 15 (5XXX series) Gaming Notebook

Discussion in 'HP' started by DrClone, Oct 8, 2014.

1. stisa

stisa Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    For those having problems with win10, are you on the f.24 BIOS? The patch notes say that it provides support for win10

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk

2. spliffstar

spliffstar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    yes latest bios installed its a driver issue with win10 open control does not work on win for the time being

3. Auduno

Auduno Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is it only the backlighting that is the promblem in omen control, or doesn't the program work at all?
    What about changing f-keys primary function?

4. PaKii94

PaKii94 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's everything related to the omen control program. The alt function key setting doesnt work, you can't change the keyboard color from what you had previously set, and the P keys don't work either

5. PaKii94

PaKii94 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    People asking about gaming, I just encountered my first trouble. NBA 2k15 through stream won't connect to the server. Apparently other people are having this issue also

6. raundown

raundown Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Far cry 4 performance has improved. I can crank the settings higher now and runs the same fps as 8.1.

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  7. who is AEK

who is AEK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've only tried one game so far. I had to go to Origin to "repair" BF3, then reinstall Punkbuster so it wouldn't kick me out every time I try to join a game. I also had to apply the screen flickering fix (turn full screen off and on) and it's been butter ever since. The only problems I have so far are the lights and sometimes I'll get the stuttering in the sound because I don't think the sound drivers are optimized. Other than that, it's been pretty smooth. The Nvidia drivers automatically update to 353.62. Downgrading causes DirectX crashes.

8. amazer

amazer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This looks like a very good update relative to what windows 8.1 was. I think there are lot less issues in terms of driver / games compatibility on Windows 10 rather than on Windows 8.

9. who is AEK

who is AEK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    They really do need to fix that. I'd like P1 & P2 to go back to working. Has anyone tried contacting HP about that?

I actually installed that BIOS AFTER upgrading to Windows 10. A huge no-no in my book, but I haven't had problems with it.

GTA V now gives me 60fps locked instead of 59fps locked. PC MASTER RACE!!!!!!!!!!

10. CatCity

CatCity Newbie

Reputations:
    Windows 10 was released today so drivers/updates will come flowing in soon enough so just wait. For gaming i believe Nvidia has already sent out a few updates to accommodate windows 10. This is a reason why i didnt update to windows 10 knowing that drivers/updates/etc.. will come by slow.