HP Omen 15 (5XXX series) Gaming Notebook

Discussion in 'HP' started by DrClone, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Th4tRedhe4d

Th4tRedhe4d Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Absolutely, it works perfectly that way.

David.P likes this.
  2. David.P

David.P Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you, that sounds GOOD :)

3. almostrodney

almostrodney Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Iv got to agree too, the build quality on the omen is outstanding! I waited 3 weeks for this thing to come and I'm not disappointed one single bit. Awesome awesome machine

4. David.P

David.P Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  5. neo187

neo187 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does anyone own any of the 51XX models? I can see that in the updated models they have replaced the Beats audio with Bang & Olufsen speakers, and I was wondering if their quality was good? Many of the reviews criticise quite badly the quality of the Beats speakers, saying that they are really quiet and the quality of the audio is very poor?

Thanks!

6. Auduno

Auduno Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    As for the the sound quality I am not impressed, but I'm neither surprised in anyway. The thing i miss in general in laptop speakers is depth, so the few that have a subwoofer scores a bit higher in my book.
    But it is what it is, a laptop, not HiFi system. The volume though, is great in my opinion.

7. CatCity

CatCity Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

everyone ive just purchased myself a refurbished omen! really excited for this to come so my first question is.. any tips what to do first right when i receive my omen?
    also since im purchasing a refurb omen i will not be getting the voodoo logo sticker.. if anyone is willing to give them away please PM me! ide love to collect them.

thank you

8. spliffstar

spliffstar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    omen control not working on Windows 10 did a clean os install,,, loaded up the hp event control and omen control but keyboard leds are not changing any ideas? possible compatibility problems with windows 10?

9. who is AEK

who is AEK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Driver issues? Have you tried going to the Update center? And are you on the latest version? I think it's 10120, or the one without the build numbers since that's the build we will all receive next Wednesday.

Anything else wrong with Windows 10? I'm thinking about upgrading when it comes out but I kinda wanna wait 'til Traktor supports it.

10. spliffstar

spliffstar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    im on the latest RTM build and it works great tried all of the updates. but my lights are stuck on default red