*HP HDX18 Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by HDX18, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Eliyah

Eliyah Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The GPU is part of the motherboard and can not be replaced. However, you could upgrade your motherboard to this motherboard reference number (519592-001) with the GT130 chipset , 1gb (Vram), Graphic Memory instead of the 512mb that you currently have.
    I believe you have the motherboard 496871-001 based on the info given (you can see the number under the RAM) and you have DDR2 RAM.
    Be aware that the motherboard 519592-001 with the GT130 takes DDR3 RAM, not DDR2.
    DDR3 are usually cheaper than DDR2.

I did not mention this info in my previous e-mail because I thought that you got a working laptop, why should I advise you to upgrade and replace your motherboard when the one you got seems to be working fine.
    The motherboard and the LCD display are the most expensive things to get.

Hoping this info can help.

Take care

2. PetranEVO

PetranEVO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    First of all thank you for all the great info.
    Yes , i have just found 1 in ebay with warranty , for 99$ with free shipping.
    If you have the support of DDR3 it means that i can run also 16 GB ? Because i have a lot of RAMdimms.

3. Eliyah

Eliyah Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello
    Sorry for the very long delay, I am moving a lot and I can not always be where I want at the time I want.
    You got a good deal for your motherboard.
    I remember HP selling them more than 400 bucks for the motherboard several years ago. I guess there isn't a big demand for them since the model has been out several years ago.

I am not too sure if your can put 16GB or RAM, (that would be great), since I read somewhere that the motherboard can only handle a max of 8GB.
    Also I did not want to invest the money and after realizing that 16GB won't work in that baby.

Let me know if it worked for you.

theRoyal1 likes this.
  4. vistabad

vistabad Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  5. PetranEVO

PetranEVO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,

Can you help me out ? I have format my PC and suddenly the Wifi button keeps turning off,and says no siqnal .
    I have changed wifi card ,and happens the same thing.
    I even format again without installing the HP Quick Buttons as i read but again the same thing.

How can i fix it ?

6. Andrei80

Andrei80 Newbie

Reputations:
    My best guess... Disconnect the touch buttons

7. Eliyah

Eliyah Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello there
    Before going to bed i wanted to anwer you.
    If i remember well, HP had issues concerning this., and the problem to be fixed was to intall their driver they provided on their website..
    Go to hp, find your computer, and get the drivers from there. Hp will recommend the best drivers for your pc.

Be sure you get all your drivers from hp...
    Let me know if you need mpre help.

Take care.

Charles

8. theRoyal1

theRoyal1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I reply a year later lmao... Yes, I bought the MSI GS72 Stealth Pro and I will say this, There are things I really miss about the HP that were just easier for my d2d use.
    I miss the TV tuner and the layout of the buttons.
    While the MSI KB Layout felt wonky of the keyplacement and the Shift Keys... but they can be customized.

That said, The Stealth has been awesome for me.
    The screen is fantastic, the Size and weight blow the HP away..Lawd, I was gigging with the HDX for a few years and It took a beating (I gig 2-6 times a week). I did take care of her tho and she definitely exceeded my expectations especially for an HP.
    AFA the screen of the HDX goes. Yes. The Output still works and I can, actually have used it as a backup with a monitor attached... I may end up fixing it just to have her stick around for a home network/backup... She still lives.