*HP HDX18 Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by HDX18, Sep 16, 2008.

1. gierso

gierso Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does somebody know where i can find s replacement screen ? That is reliable ? I tried changign the invertir for the lamps but it wasn't the issue but the lamps so I need to replace them and I found out it's easier to replace the whole screen ..

Any recommendations ?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

2. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I went through similar thoughts. My hdx18 had a p8600 very lowly cpu. I upgraded ram 8gb ddr2, wlan and ssd boot, secondary hdd. Sold it on ebay. Bought dv8t for barely $50 more. I think this is the way to go. Dv8t does not support back lit keyboard and you will run into many problems . My advice is to sell hdx18 & buy dv8t.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

3. theRoyal1

theRoyal1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Welp...sad day. My screen died.. :(
    changed the inverter...nuthin'...

Thinking about getting the MSI GS72 Stealth Pro.

4. Andrei80

Andrei80 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everybody! A week ago I purchased a HDX 18 1100E0(E8600, 9600m GT 1GB DDR2-why not DDR3???). After installing all needed drivers(win 7), I was very happy with it, gorgeous big screen, great sound for a laptop, looks premium, battery life was very good etc.
    Until this morning, when I noticed that the laptop stays on battery even when plugged in. Hard reset didn't help, power adapter voltages seem fine, laptop would not start at all without the battery. Led near the power jack is lit(but it is dim, I think) but the led in the front does not light up. Seemed to work fine on battery, but it didn't charge. Took it to a repair shop and they say its power controller chip is defective and should be replaced, cost is about 30$.
    Anybody else had similar a problem? Thanks
    LE Problem has been fixed. The led near the power jack does not work anymore, though...only lights up for a bit at startup.
    Also, I can't use the webcam...
    LE nevermind, it was working
    Temps are a little bit high, in the 80's
    I'm beginning to thing I've joined the party a bit late...fell all alone here

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  5. Sopris13

Sopris13 Newbie

Reputations:

Did you end up getting the GS72?

6. Eliyah

Eliyah Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I would say to have your power plug on your laptop checked for having a bad/loose connection (needs to resolder)or the little connector connecting your power cable to the motherboard maybe loose or disconnected. Now it doesn't let your AC power adaptor provide power to your laptop (common), so your laptop relies only on battery right now. The Webcam can be a driver issue or an application or software not selecting the right webcam attached to your lcd. For unknown reasons this thread message came to my spam folder in my laptop, so I couldn't answer sooner.

7. Eliyah

Eliyah Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Check and see if an outside monitor connected to the VGA plug of your laptop works. That would tell you if it is an lcd screen issue or a motherboard issue. Could also be a bad or corroded connection of your display connector to the motherboard (most unlikely).

8. Eliyah

Eliyah Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    replace the whole screen , easy to do and cheap now on ebay.

9. Andrei80

Andrei80 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi!
    The service guy said some chip that has to do with charging went bad. It was replaced and the laptop is alive again. He didn't fit the speaker/touch controls bezel perfectly though and I can see a small gap just above the keyboard. Tried to press it down and got the touch controls to misbehave, disabling/enabling the WiFi and tone controls. Left it alone and it's OK now.
    Also did some gaming, playing Borderlands and Call of duty 1 and I am pleased with it, it's still a decent laptop. Office work, with all the screen estate, is also a pleasure.

10. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is there a windows 10 driver for the optional tv tuner?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk