*HP HDX DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 1*

Discussion in 'HP' started by J-Bytes, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hovercraftdriver

hovercraftdriver Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Dragon Age, Witcher, Mass Effect, Risen, Age of Conan, D&D Online, Sacred 2, Oblivion, Drakensang...and others I've played in last 2 years...all can be played on medium -> high with some mix of settings. (I haven't played Crisis, but I'm sure it's one of the exceptions.) Most on high. Even on medium to get some better framerates, games look amazing on the HDX. Just keep it on native resolution and adjust until the game runs smooth. If you get any games that auto detect settings, don't be afraid to bump them up.

2. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    No , there's nothing better ATM. There is no way to get it to work with the wifi button on the quicktouch panel with this card since you have to install it in slot 2.

Once you install it, the wifi button only controls the bluetooth radio.

3. 2.0

Reputations:
    Service packs are culmulative. Meaning, youonly have to install service pack 2, not 1.

4. 2.0

Reputations:
    Since you don't have access to a desktop, your best bet is to get retail since it will have v 1.4 of the firmware with is win7 Trim compliant. If you get one off ebay that is likely old stock, it needs to have at least v 1.10 of the firmware so you can use wiper.exe - which is manual Trim. If it is earlier v of the firmware, you can at the most flash to 1.10 firmware with the HDX.

1.10 is the only "destructive" firmware that you can flash to using teh HDX because it flashes the entire firmware of the drive. If you want more specifics about 1.10, you have to go on OCZ's website.

Key to overclocking is:

No crashes, good temps, no artifacts.

5. 2.0

Reputations:
    Games that use Physx: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

Most games don't use Nvidia's PhysX so you really shouldn't be so concerned about it. It doesn't add all that much anyway. It's nice on Age of Empires III. The best Physics engine I've played with is the one used on Crysis and Far Cry 2. They use their own physics engine, not Nvidia's Physx.

I play nearly all games on MAX @ native res. T9300 with an overclocked 8800 of 610/975/1525.

Cyrsis; I play with a mix of high and med with textures set to ultra high.

Frame rates vary by game but are always above 30. Some games like RTS games max @ 30 by design.

Crysis gets avg 27-29 with those settings. Can peak in the high 40s. Depends on what's going on.

Frame rates have been going up with better drivers. Since the 167 driver, I've gained more than 10 FPS in all games.

6. 2.0

Reputations:
    Don't think there is a way to do that via software.

7. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    When I tried to do the service pack 2, as a separate download directly from Microsoft, it says you can't unless you have service pack 1.

8. 2.0

Reputations:
    And so it is. Apparently slipstreaming is different.

9. Dominick_7

Reputations:
    But there was an order of how to install it right? Like you had to have the original one in first, turn it off, replace it, or someone mentioned you had to do something else as well to get it to work without complication no?

10. Dominick_7

Reputations:
    Nice info thanks. I know what to look for now in both regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.