*HP HDX DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 1*

Discussion in 'HP' started by J-Bytes, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Sorry, STARTING price of $199. I can't update it via the HDX? I don't have a desktop with SATA:/ Bah. I guess I'll have to get retail or newest firmware out of the box.

Hmm ok. Thanks.

No I haven't. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get Windows 7 Ultimate from that site or not.

I hear what you're saying. BTW I guess last time I did 3dmark it was corrupted database that prevented it from going above the 610 settings. I'm able to go 2 up from it without problems. The 3rd settings above the recommended in green I start losing frames on the third or so benchmark thingy. I'll see how far I can push it but that probably means it's too much I take it.

2. Dominick_7

Reputations:

Hmm so far no crashes..weird. AND I've been running 3dMark.

3. Dominick_7

Reputations:
    Haha:) Yes:) Firefox kicks butt. I'm no fan boy but I do like Firefox. I'll check out IE on Windows 7 though. The thing that lags it in Vista at least is the phishing protection service I think. Pretty annoying, maybe I shouldn't use it but still..I do a bit of online shopping, and don't click on links from within my email unless I know for sure it's legit..but even so, it's slow in that case. I guess Windows 7 takes advantage of hardware better than Vista.

4. Dominick_7

Reputations:

I have lots of stuff opened. Like for one thing if I'm shopping for somethings I like to have many instances of auctions for a product opened so I can keep track of them. Or if I'm researching something I like to keep all the search results opened. I have several YouTube thingies opened yea which I keep wanting to watch but it takes me a while to get around to doing it. That's the most annoying part. If it crashes with those videos up I have to bring them all back up, scroll to each to turn them off. What's weird is I found the youtube video with Flash 10.1 acceleration to work wonderfully like the first week, now it's not as good. Hmm. It looks like services are continuing to check something or update or something while video plays back because it stalls like it used to, less yea, but it stalls again. Maybe if I push the overclocking I can get it to run smoothly again? Wow what a tangent sorry. Lol. I just woke up.

EDIT: Oh I'm using Firefox for the HDX desktop. Haven't tried portable yet have you? Wait by portable are you talking about for Pocket PC or to run from a USB drive? Haha no I saw you calling me Dominoes. I think only one other person tried that one.

5. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    no problem. you'll realize i called you Dominoes when you're fully awake :p

6. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Haven't tried Atheros based cards. Only the 5300. Range on 2.4ghz, be it on N or B/G, is exceptional. That's based on an Actiontec (FIOS) and D-link gaming router.

5 ghz's range is short though, which is to be expected. The 5 ghz range is about the same as the 4965. It seems though that the 4965 had some annoying signal drops from what I can remember.

I haven't had any drops or lost connections on N or B/G feeding FIOS to the router. Uptime has been 100%.

5300's biggest advantage is to be had with simultaneous dual band routers. Up to 450 m/bits.

As always, YMMV.

7. 2.0

Reputations:
    Nope, you can't update via the HDX since you can't access IDE mode in BIOS.

You're welcome, Dominoes. :D

Every GPU is different. I can't push past 610/975/1525 on one HDx while the other can. You've seen comptrekkie's? I think he has the highest overclock.

8. Jesse L

Jesse L Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey 2.0,
    What is the best way to do a fresh install of vista. Should I get the windows updates first then the video drivers, net work and other critical HP optional add ons.....there are approx. 60 to 70 updates just for vista..Any ideas?

Best Jesse

9. 2.0

Reputations:
    Audio, video, chipset... all the rest thereafter.

10. Dominick_7

Reputations:

I JUST bought the 5300 card..today in fact.. you saying there's a better one?
    Wasn't there a way to install it where it didn't have the limitations or problems I thought I remembered you or someone listing? I guess I'm asking what the correct way to install it so you can have maximum use of the quicktouch buttons?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.