*HP HDX DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 1*

Discussion in 'HP' started by J-Bytes, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Even if it once again is complicated. :eek:
    I Can someone confirm this problem for Vista and Windows 7!?:

1.max brightness with fn + f8 not reachable. (only via Mobility Center max possible)
    and
    2.minimale brightness does not reach through the Mobility Center. (only via Fn + f7 possible)

Based only on 195.62 and 195.55 beta !

There is a lack of 3 steps each way.

For first start after GPU driver install all ok. (including the controller is in Mobility Center shifts in the control via Fn + f7 or f8)
    applicable regulations between min 46 and max 225.

After a new boot error occurs as described on. Applicable regulations then between min 76 and max 255 in Mobility Center.

See also link all of my contributions.: Sorry for this lousy English.:rolleyes:

Answers only 195.62 and 195.55 beta !

2. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    well that would be nice and easy sounding. do you remember if that person actually had problem with the sticky stuff on the keyboard, or is it the top cover that needs this in fact (the source of my concern or request for best method)?

thanks.

3. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Ok.

Yea that's what I was saying, more CPU intensive but ok.

Know any good legit places to get the 120GB ones cheap?

It USED to work fine before 3.0. It never crashed. I think it;s the memory leak because it'll do it after a while. I think it may also be related to TabMixPlus's session restore. I'm thinking if I could either increase the amount of data it can handle and or have the choice to clean it's closed browser history and such it would be much better. It doesn't do it for a while when I first install it. It only does it after I've used the browser a while, have had a lot of closed and opened tabs. I haven't figured out if you can clean out the history in TMP, but I know you can clean history and cache of course with the built in one. Really? Man I HATE IE.

4. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    They unnecessarily removed the keyboard which has the double sided tacky tape.

Removing the top cover is the only way to get to the fans. But it's not without peril. (Love that word, "peril.")

Once you remove all the screws, the top cover doesn't just lift off. It's held by plastic snaps. SO the best place to "pry" up the top cover is near the hinge in the back. You can use a fingernail, but it might be a bit too tight for that and could break it. I tried and chipped my guitar picking nail. So a small screw driver is in order. Once you get at least one snap disengaged, the rest are easy since you'll have a space to grip and lift by hand.

5. 2.0

Reputations:
    Confirmed, same issue, win7, 195.62.

But I don't adjust my brightness. It's "set and forget." So I'm not concerned. Or I should say, I can live with it.

6. 2.0

Reputations:
    Price has gone up a lot since I bought mine in June. Best person to ask is Lancorp. He's exceptional at finding the best deals on things tech.

Hey I ran into the same issue. My remedy? Adjusted the way I use Firefox*. ;)

Now I'm issue free.

Can't say I hate IE. I just don't use it much. But it is better than Firefox in Some respects.

*So how'd I do it then? I use cutePDF to save pages in PDF format. Keep my PDFs in organized folders. And I temp bookmark sites of interest that haven't earned keeper status, then get them sorted out later. No more 10-15 tabs. Just 1-8 max. On rare occasion, I'll open up another instance of Firefox for a few more tabs. I mean, honestly, if I can't read the proper heading on the tab, what good is the tab? BY keeping only a few tabs up, reading the heading is easy.

7. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @ 2.0
    I was heard.:)
    I feel the same way. Outweigh the advantages of this driver.
    Thank you very much. Now I finally know it's not Vista dependent.

Just for info:
    Intel Pro Wireless and WiFi Link 13. 0. 0. 107 of 21.10.2009 ok, running.
    Marvell Lan v11.22.5.3 ok, running.
    Intel Chipset Identification Utility 3.24 new and ok. (Now showing on PM965 Express Chipset)
    Intel (R) Matrix Storage Manager GM / PM 965 8.9.0.1023 nothing new, ok running.
    Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility GM / PM 965 9.1.1.1019 not new, is running ok.

8. 2.0

Reputations:

I have the same drivers except I can't use Intel chipset and Matrix because they block TRIM support on the SSD.

9. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    thanks much for the advice and tip.

10. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    same here for me on vista (yes still), in case you are all wondering if it's just a win7 issue.

no big deal but just so you know when you recover the computer from sleep, it does not go to full brightness as set. i have to unplug and plug the power cable for it to go to full brightness, or i guess adjust it via windows key + X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.