*HP HDX DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 1*

Discussion in 'HP' started by J-Bytes, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    You can find 4x 25GB BD-R's for $2.60-$3.50 each in packs of 10-25. Meritline has some good prices.

Not a bad price if you are looking to archive your Blu-ray collection.

But if you factor in your cable subscription and, say, netflix, might not be such a bargin after all.

I have an extensive DVD collection that I don't watch anymore since Blu-ray and HDTV. The video quality of DVD is akin to how I viewed the video quality of VHS when DVD came out. Unbearable. Especially on an HDTV.

Not wanting to update my collection yet again to a new format, I'm currently sticking to DVR and HD movie channels, Blockbuster and Netflix for blu-ray.

How many times can one watch a movie, really? So I think I'm covered for my 2 or 3 times each. :D

2. kindheart

kindheart Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. kindheart

Reputations:
    UJ-210 (FW 1.06)/220 burn BD-R at 2x max. if the media is of good quality/supports this. No firmware upgrade can increase this any significantly more. For DVDs, they burn at 8x without issues.

4. JohnnyFlash

JohnnyFlash Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Is there more than one wsxga screen? I want to replace mine, I'm starting to see blotches at certain angles (head on they're not visible though). The ones on eBay say OEM part number may vary, and I want another LG screen.

5. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    seems about the same as 8x speed when i burn a dvd. multiply a dvd time x 5 because it's that much more space, and 70 minutes is right. takes about 12 minutes for a regular dvd for me.

6. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i think i know what you mean. hdtv/movies rock, but i still watch plenty of regular dvd's a lot.

what do you mean "for your 2 or 3 times each"???

7. cutthroat_jake

cutthroat_jake Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    5 x Infinity 25GB 4x discs for £12.99 ($21) with slim jewel cases. (We pay more for everything here in the UK).

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Blank-Blu...i-25GB-4x-BD-R-Writable-Blu-ray-Disc-(5-PACK)

RiDisc, Datawrite and KDT can be had for cheaper.

CJ

8. kindheart

Reputations:
    The 8x speed for BD burning is not possible on any Panasonic UJ-2xx drive: http://www.netcomdirect.com/pamaujblopdr.html

9. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    See it in the movies, once, on the rare occasion that I go*. Then rent it on Blu-ray. Then see it on Cable in HD.

*I hate to queue. And if you want your pick of seats, you have to queue more than an hour before showtime. If you wait a few weeks to see a movie when there is no need to queue, you risk having to contend with poor video and audio quality.

10. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i said seems about the same time at 8x burning a DVD not BD. i am saying 70 minutes to burn about 25 gigs on a bd, seems an equivalent/proportionate time to burning a dvd about 4.5 gigs, in 12 minutes.

i thought i had said that clearly before.

anyway....ya 8x bd burning is probably far out from this time, whatever that has to do with quoting me, if at all, i don't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.