*HP HDX DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 1*

Discussion in 'HP' started by J-Bytes, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Son of a biscuit. Bah. Of course haha. Ok. Thanks for explaining the difference. Do you or anyone know if Firewire recording is supported in Windows 7 Media Center?

2. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    awww....tell us comebacks. congrats on the GREAT grandkids, papa smurf :D;)

3. Snaak

Snaak Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all,

I'm planning to do a clean Windows 7 64 install on my precious (now it's still running on Vista 32). I checked the HP site for drivers and noticed that there appears to be a lack of Windows 7 drivers. I would like to know where you guys got your drivers. Can I just use the Vista 64 drivers HP offers on it's site? Or will most drivers be automatically installed with Windows 7? Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

4. paparon

paparon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Those darn spots were white and looked like zits on a teenager but there is no sign of them now at all.
    By the way dv7t check out my avatar. My nickname for about 5 years was Papa Smurf. That was about 25 years ago. lol

5. cutthroat_jake

cutthroat_jake Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Got my BD-R discs today and copied Galapagos successfully at 2x, took about 70 mins to burn 25GB. Very happy.
    Still wish I could find some updated HP firmware though.

CJ

6. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    nice. did you use anydvd? how much were the discs? costly i bet. looks like about 12.50 each. not sure how much to buy the movie outright, but until cost comes down, i'm not into the writing market for bluray

7. kindheart

kindheart Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    BD-Rs are cheap. BD-REs (re-writable) are more expensive, especially the DL 50GB ones.

8. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    cheap as in $12.50 per disc is cheap?

9. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Sweet! 70 minutes is long. The UJ 220 at its speed is stated to burn it in 30-35 minutes. So the updated firmware if you can find it, and it works to that same speed would make it quicker. Thanks for letting us know that and how it worked. If I may ask, how much did you pay for blank discs and how many in each pack?

10. kindheart

kindheart Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Only US $2.5 - $3.5 per single BD-R 25GB (Traxdata, Memorex and Verbatim) in spindles of 5 to 15 pieces. Considering it holds 5 times the capacity of a SL DVD, $2.5 - $3.5 per disk is appropriate for a known brand such as Traxdata or Memorex (Panasonic, Sony and TDK can be more expensive). No-brand BD-Rs are even cheaper in spindles of 20+
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Traxdata-Bl...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260231052&sr=8-14

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.