*HP HDX DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 1*

Discussion in 'HP' started by J-Bytes, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldam

aldam Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I checked 179.48 from nvidia. I also checked 185.20 and 182.06.
    Almost the same result. Maybe 179.48 was the best but not the same like preinstalled one.

GPUZ showed full speed but gpu run like on battery not AC. And the temperatures are below 60cel.

Maybe I have to install updates from MS? I have clean vista system with sp1.

EDIT
    I did all updates and no good results.
    I also install old drivers for nvidia (originally from SWsetup) and the same.
    So It os not a nvidia driver problem.

It looks like gpu works like on battery but it is on ac :(

2. hovercraftdriver

hovercraftdriver Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm trying to find an answer I read before somewhere, but in the mean time, if you are feeling bold, you can try this:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=261929

The bottom line is you shouldn't have to, unless you have done some tweaking that you really aren't aware affected something. I will keep looking though...seems like I read it on LV2Go.

3. Pinballman

Pinballman Notebook Geek

Reputations:

Well, I changed the value to 3322 and it worked! Everything seems to be running much better now. Does this mean there is a problem with the GPU or something that is making this required to work properly? If not, is it safe to keep it like this?

4. aldam

Reputations:
    I did 3damrk test and I got good result so I think gpu works ok.

I think I've found what's the problem. It can be psu or hdd
    When I play on battery from time to time display freezing. It appears when hdd reads or seek (when it works). But it is very rarely and hardly to see.

When I play on AC the freezing during play are more powerful. It is easly to see it. from time to time for one second. very annoying.

But it is linking with psu and hdd.
    when hdd reads smth during play there is crackling sound from psu and then freezing appears.

ps.sory for my english I hope you understand.

5. paparon

paparon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks,

I will give that a try. Frankly, the cheapest key boards have always felt the best to my fat fingers. Not sure what that says about me though. lol

6. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If youre talking about sluggishness I have had that problem when unplugging and replugging in my power chord..the CPU would shoot through the roof and wouldnt come back down till I restarted.. I reformatted, set everything in the power settings to high and now it doesnt do that.. If youre not talking about that I apologize..but for some reason reformatting took my problem away for some reason..another thing I noticed is usually I do all updates from Microsoft and HP but this time I noticed they brought up many of the things I already installed or have as CTO factory reset...like Synaptic, Intel ship set I think, things like that but I know I already have them..so I dont get it as its never done that before..I have a feeling if I were to install them I'd have the problem again..but at least I dont have the sluggish problem when taking the power chord out. Maybe its a duplication or problem w driver conflicts, as in installing updated drivers over older ones instead of doing a clean install? Come to think of it I think I'm just going to do a clean install of Vista Ultimate 64 bit instead of rely on the recovery DVDs..

7. aldam

Reputations:
  8. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It is not a problem of the GPU itself, the problem lies in the respective mapping required tact, and this is indeed controlled by Powermizer. The problem is "Powermizer"!

Unfortunately, on the Dword change (3333 to 3322 or 2222) Powermizer in all functions is disabled.

If they fixed 3322 as the wish to retain value, they think about the installation of the "ESA tools" to!

Then they can perform the GPU, the current requirements of graphic manually * adjust. (and the GPU fan is not constantly annoying)

* Unfortunately, but not the core voltage. :mad:

Until then, however much fun with their game! :)

EDIT:

As I already wrote here, Nvidia is a six-page comprehensive report on this problem by myself before.

Here I have been waiting more than three weeks for a response.

At the same time, I hoped in this forum for more responses regarding my posts, and on a few test results from other users.

Unfortunately, some of my questions at 2.0 and Hovercraftdriver not fully answered. Perhaps it is the poor translation. The problem of sound and picture dropouts has in any case, each Dragon, in which Powermizer active.
    (Latency-related)

9. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This does not solve your current problem, but the power supplies in Europe (220V) are sometimes not ok
    Also mine sounded like a hard drive. (crackle under rapid load changes) Did it after buying the HDX be repaired immediately.
    (I was through the support sent a new one and the old stayed with me)
    The new does not make any noise.

Deutsch/Germany: (Will you be better able to read.) :)

Dies löst zwar nicht dein aktuelles Problem, aber die in Europa vertriebenen Netzteile (220V) sind zum Teil nicht o.k.
    Auch meins hörte sich an wie eine Festplatte. (knistern unter schnellem Lastwechsel) Habe es nach Kauf des HDX sofort tauschen lassen.
    (Mir wurde durch den Support ein Neues zugeschickt und das Alte blieb bei mir)
    Das Neue macht keine Geräusche.

Sorry, this was an exception!

10. aldam

Reputations:
    @RickiBerlin

I am going to have my psu repaired.

About my problem
    I set the real time prority in device manager for the cod4 and the game is smooth now. but I played only 10 minutes. so I hope it will ok now.

I had only one problem now with noisy psu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.