*HP HDX DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 1*

Discussion in 'HP' started by J-Bytes, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyFlash

JohnnyFlash Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's not possible. You can install XP, but you lose quick launch, subwoofer, and there are some stability issues.

At this point, there's not a huge gap anymore in performance, and with 4gb of memory Vista does have an advantage in some things. SupCom runs quite a bit faster on big maps for instance.

2. Black Knight

Black Knight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ...a couple of posts and a couple of NOs later:

I do too enjoy asking me questions just for the pleasure to give me the answer I'd like to hear...

:D

This system is built for vista, one of the reasons we say that is about a certain lack of driver availability... but hey if you don't believe us you can just read the last 190 pages and search for details...

:D

3. EXOTICA

EXOTICA Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ...im running a dual boot system, Vista Ultimate 64bit and XP pro 32bit. Runs perfectly!

4. CyberVisions

CyberVisions Martian Notebook Overlord

Reputations:
    Look to the left of your DVD tray eject Quicklaunch button (blue led) on the right side just above the keypad. If you look right above the "home" key, you'll see Treble and Bass. Touch on Treble or Bass to select - the led will change as you tap it. Then use the +/- to increase or decrease as you want. The levels will display on your screen as you tap on the +/- led's. Same goes for Volume as well.

5. CyberVisions

Reputations:

OOPS - wrong quote above... Must be 0 dark 30..

Look to the left of your DVD Quicklaunch button (blue led) on the right side just above the keypad. If you look right above the "home" key, you'll see Treble and Bass. Touch on Treble or Bass to select - the led will change as you tap it. Then use the +/- to increase or decrease as you want. The levels will display on your screen.

6. CyberVisions

Reputations:
    For those having Blu-Ray playback issues on the HDX -

Some may remember I posted an inquiry about getting a firmware update for the BD-ROM since, even though HP recommends it in their solution, they've failed to provide it. Using an OEM firmware update isn't recommended unless it's a generic update - so far I've yet to find one. I went through the firmware update problem with HP until I was blue in the face and extremely pissed - they just don't understand that a fix that engineering posted doesn't have the update posted that it recommends, which is also what the Blu-Ray Association recommends as well.

However - If you haven't already, update your QuickPlay software to the latest version - that'll usually get you out of the system hang and playback issues.

As for Menu selections - One thing that some idiot engineer decided to do, but that HP failed to make widely known, is that on BD's you can't use your mouse or touchpad to select any additional menu functions other than the Play button. The reason for this? Engineers disabled that function because they ASSUME that the BD-ROM would be controlled via the remote, like a standard BD player. Silly us - who could POSSIBLY THINK that a computer user would EVER want to use a mouse/touchpad to select a menu button??

Here is the URL for the Blu-Ray Support Bulletin on playback issues:
    http://tinyurl.com/6zz9p2

Again, don't flash your firmware with an update from the OEM as you'll likely wind up having to replace it. Vendor supplied units have firmware changes that allow them to operate with the system their installed in.

7. CyberVisions

Reputations:
  8. Clearday

Clearday Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is it possible to run full 4gb ram after installing the Vista Ultimate 64 bit on current Home Premium Vista?

Or should we do more than this?

- HP Pavilion HDX 9250 Dragon T9300 2.5
    - 512MB 8800M GTS
    - 20.1" 1080p Widescreen
    - 2 x 250 GB SATA Drives
    - Blu-Ray DVD-ROM
    - Vista Home Premium 32-bit | Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio
    - Altec Lansing Speakers
    - HP Subwoofer
    - Fingerprint Reader/Webcam
    - Adobe Master Collection / 1 year Norton Subs.
    (Turkey configuration)

[​IMG]

9. oritpro

oritpro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    All 64-bit Windows operating systems will address the full 4GB if that's what you're asking. Since the HDX has a TPM chip, you'll have the option to use Bitlocker by moving to Vista Ultimate. That will enable you to encrypt the entire hard drive on your HDX.

10. DrWho

DrWho Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for writting back but still no joy. I am running stock vc drivers that i can seem to up date. My problem might be my vc related.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.