*HP HDX DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 1*

Discussion in 'HP' started by J-Bytes, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z-Man-360

Z-Man-360 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks :). Their customer service isn't as bad as it sounded, at least up to this point. Hopefully the repair will go smoothly and I will have a fully functional beast ready to do war!! :cool:

2. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Oh I see what you're looking for now. Right click on volume icon in tray, but choose "Open volume Mixer." It may not give you a wide range of choices but you can adjust media player and windows sounds from there or any program you have running that access the sound hardware. If you don't see it there just run the program and it should be added to the list automatically. Also, the Device button in the upper left corner of that screen lets you choose headphones, mic, etc., to adjust also.

3. EXOTICA

EXOTICA Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ...thanks mate. I think i was trying to do the impossible!!! not enough sleep and wired on coffee lol. I know about the mixer, what i was trying to do was adjust the itunes volume greater than the speaker volume!!! F***K i really dont know what i was thinking.

...really appreciate all the feedback here. This is truely one hell of a laptop isnt it!

4. carb0n

carb0n Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anybody install XP on this beast?

5. Z-Man-360

Z-Man-360 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I really wouldn't want to try it. I'm assuming alot of the quick touch button controls, as well as many other great features would be lost in doing so. This system is really built for vista. :cool:

6. carb0n

Reputations:
    I just want to know if somebody compared benchmark scores etc, I mean XP still scores the highest in benchmarks correct?

7. JohnnyFlash

JohnnyFlash Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just so everyone knows, SupCom audio is finally WORKING in the newest IDT driver.

8. carb0n

Reputations:
    I'm sure somebody here has installed XP and is working perfectly/

9. oritpro

oritpro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hopefully HP tells you what broke because I'am sure a few people on this forum are dying to know if their 8800 might fry on them one of these days--assuming that's what you have.

10. Z-Man-360

Z-Man-360 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yeah hopefully, I'm thinking that's what it is. I'm just glad it did it within the warranty period!! Especially when she had me flash the bios, and upon restart the lcd wouldn't even power on at all. Getting the packing material tomorrow afternoon, and it will be on its way!! Wish me luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.