*HP HDX DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 1*

Discussion in 'HP' started by J-Bytes, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:

Yep, it's the same chip. Last row is the model number. First two rows are manufacturing codes like lot number, location of manufacture, date, stuff like that.

2. EXOTICA

EXOTICA Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, have recently purchased a Dragon. I have a question for you all. Can you see what your Treble and Bass levels are as you adjust them? I can seem to find anything on the HDX which lets you see your adjustment.

Any help or info would be great!

3. hbk5585

hbk5585 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Yep, right click on your sound icon on the bottom right of your screen (by the clock/date), click on playback devices, click "Speakers+Redirected Headphones" and click properties, then click on the tones control tab. You can also add enhacements like Bass boost and loudness equalization by clicking on the enhancments tab.

4. EXOTICA

Reputations:
    ...thank you for the reply. I followed these instructions but i dont have a tones tab. I have, general, levels, enhancements and advanced. Cant see a tones control tab anywhere dam it. Its starting to do my head in.....help!!!

5. 2.0

Reputations:

Microsoft update saw fit to download and install what they consider a driver update. You should set your windows update to "notify me of updates but let me choose what and when to install."

To fix it, you have to uninstall the driver. Don't reboot yet. Delete its directory named IDT found in both programs files and program files (x86).

You should also clean out the registry entry found under HKLM/software/IDT. Just delete the entire IDT tree by right clicking it and hitting delete.

(You can access the registry by typing "regedit" in the start menu search box.)

Reboot.

reinstall driver from swsetup or from this location: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3330177&os=2100&lang=en

You should be good. If not, there is one more step of deleting things in the registery.

6. allen.g

allen.g Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks. Is it safe to assume that you can't use the tuner's co-ax and the OTA reception at the same time for a dual-tuner system?

7. EXOTICA

Reputations:
    ...there is nothing in any of those locations that resembles IDT.

8. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    what are you all using for a firewall for this 64-bit system?? zonealarm doesnt support 64 bit.

9. 2.0

Reputations:
    Good. Then go ahead and re-install the driver.

10. 2.0

Reputations:
    That's correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.