*HP HDX DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 1*

Discussion in 'HP' started by J-Bytes, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    thanks mobil. the thing is not a problem getting the installer. i commented only BECAUSE i had a chance to try it. 2.0 linked it to me right from there sight just last week...so it's there. the question is about the trial, etc.

what did you use to remove it? when i uninstalled it, it seems to uninstall completely, as when i went to reintall it, i had no option to reinstall over any former.

and why did you unstinstall it?

EDIT: waiting for the grammer pulice to chime in. lol

2. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I had it on my Thinkpad, not my Dragon. When I got a set of Altec Lansing VS4121 2.1 speakers the sound was so amazing that I felt I didn't need a digital enhancement at the present time. Like almost everybody right now, where I spend money is important.

At some point I might get Audio Lab. I think SRS lets you install it on two or three PCs.

It was odd that it didn't show up in any uninstaller, which bothered me to no end, so I excommunicated it!

MA

3. aldam

aldam Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Maybe it's a good idea to change also thermal paste on chipset and gpu.
    But on photos threre are thermal pads. Have you changed it into a paste or buy new pads (which ones)?

4. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Leave the pads .

For everything else (heatspreaders of GPU and CPU) you can use Arctic Silver 5 or other thermal paste.

5. aldam

Reputations:
    Is it possible to play comfortable in BF BC2?

2nd question
    have you tried nvidia scalling to play in lower resolution with black bars?
    I'm thinking of playing new games in res. 1440x900 with black bars

6. cridgit001

cridgit001 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry to hit you up again on this, but I'm finally down to setting this stuff up.

Can my cable box output over 2 cables? Such as S-Video and HDMI? I ask because I still want to run my tv while also(maybe not at the same time) being able to record on my Dragon.

This may just be a trial and error thing as far as the cable box goes, to see whether or not it can do this. Still, any help would be very appreciated.

7. cridgit001

Reputations:
    I have tried it a bunch of different ways, it still says it can't identify my remote for the IR transmitter from the Dragon. I'm not sure what to do. Any advice?

8. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Never tried anything like this. But looking at my Scientific Atlanta box, that would be possible but only with composite video/RCA audio out. It doesn't have S-video out. The way to tell if yours will output via HDMI and composite or S-video is to hook both inputs to TV. Then using the TV's remote, switch between the inputs. If there's video on both input selections, then at least you can output video from the box on multiple outs simultaneously.

It was a long time ago when I experimented with it. All I did was plug the remote sensor in and then used it to change channels. But I don't know where that remote is, so I can't experiment on my end at this time. :(

9. aldam

Reputations:
    OK. I tried nvidia scalling options and play with lower res. with black bars.
    I tested it on CoD2

1600x900 workspace 413x232 (mm) like 18,5" LCD (16:9) 410x230 (mm)
    ~20% faster than standard

1440x900 workspace 371x232 (mm) like 17" laptop lcd (16:10) 366x229 (mm)
    ~35% faster than standard

1366x768 workspace 352x200 (mm) like 16" laptop lcd (16:9) 354x199 (mm)
    ~60% faster than standard

10. cridgit001

Reputations:
    Hmm, it's cool. I saw something on the back of my cable box that says, EXT IR In. I was thinking maybe I could connect a cable directly from my IR port on the Dragon to that port on the box. Maybe it would work then, because my media center set up thing keeps telling me it can't recognize my remote. Even when I try to teach it the IR signal, it doesn't see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.