*HP HDX DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 1*

Discussion in 'HP' started by J-Bytes, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah I know, that's all no English. Can hardly read it myself and therefore I consider myself with new posts back too. Only if something very important to appear for you, then I also post times.

Thank you in between times to:
    unclewebb, Comptrekkie, 2.0, hovercraftdriver kind heart, etc.!
    The last weeks were your post a real thriller. If I once installed the X9000.
    This forum is just my thing.
    CompTrekkie kind heart and your tests were very informative. Thank you!

I hope you will use your CPU for Full-HD Flash (like me) and have not installed Adobe Flash Player 10.1.53.64. This is really the last. :no: Had real difficulties the previous version (10.0.45.2 download) nor, for that is as good as disappeared from the network. For the installation of the Adobe uninstaller is still necessary. For me, running full-HD Flash without GPU support remains low at 215/110/465 quintessential liquid and the computer. With 10.1.53.64 and even at full overclock the GPU I get it back not so clean. How is it with you at 3.6 GHZ?

Although all other opinions about GPU drivers, running at me and makes the 257.21 no problems.
    3DMark06 9925 points at 650/1040/1625 and T9300 Win7 Pro 64bit.
    While this is no improvement on the 195, 196, and 197 drivers, but also no deterioration.
    it should be noted also that the latency from 257.21 points in only Increment (on 500MHZ) and at the lowest clocking (from 275MHz to reach 200MHZ) are present. This is real progress may. If this continues I switch someday Powermizer to "on". ;)

Ok, that was it and promised to write no more.
    Apologies to everyone who annoys my scribblings!

2. 8skindragons

8skindragons Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks xanlexian. I'll give it a try with the contacts.

3. Digitalwindow

Digitalwindow Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Please, anyone respond:

Would you prefer a tri-monitor laptop if it were available? This would include triangulating the monitors for 360 view.

[​IMG]

Or rather one with a digital projector since their wattage and size have shrunk considerably? (no lcd)

[​IMG]

thanks

4. CompTrekkie

CompTrekkie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If anyone is interested I am selling my WaterField Designs notebook sleeve. It is the largest one they have and fits the HDX Dragon perfectly. I got all the add-ons as well, Flap, suspension shoulder strap, and piggyback pouch. It is in perfect condition and was originally $114. I am willing to part with it for $45 + shipping. I am heading to Las Vegas in Aug and am trying to get much cash together as possible for the trip.

I will be putting it on EBay in the next week. I figured I would check here first. Here is a pic of it.

[​IMG]

I also attached a high res thumbnail.

Attached Files:

5. Digitalwindow

Reputations:
    Awesome!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  6. CompTrekkie

CompTrekkie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I love that quote. It really is my life's motto. It fits all of the situations I find myself in.

7. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Any idea on how fast an XQ9300 can be overclocked provided that it posts? I wonder if there's anyone who has one or is willing to get one willing to try it?

8. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    One knowledgeable user told me that he has never seen a 1066 FSB CPU post on a motherboard with the PM965 chipset. He hasn't tried every possible motherboard out there but says in his own experience and what other users have told him is that it won't post and will just hang with a blank screen. I haven't found enough testing on a variety of laptops to prove this.

As for overclocking, a QX9300 contains two 45nm Core 2 Duo CPUs so the overclocking is similar to what has been posted here. One user told me that on a suicide run he managed to hit 4300 MHz for a CPU-Z validation but it wasn't stable enough for much else.

Here's a stable 3520 MHz out of a QX9300 at a low VID setting. Lots more room to overclock higher if you can keep it cool.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/617/18027.jpg

9. Digitalwindow

Reputations:
  10. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice, thanks. I think 3.4-3.6 would be sufficient. I run my Dragon into the ground and wanted an X9000 in it cto from the beginning but they discontinued it right when I saved up enough, and every other deal either was a scam, the seller was not trustworthy, or I didn't have the money at the time. I'm holding out to see if anyone will try a QX9300 because I would LOVE to be able to take advantage of the multithreaded performance which from what I understand is even better in Windows 7. At 3.4-3.6 it would be fantastic.. though an X9000 at that rate isn't too shabby at all either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.