*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. remdale

remdale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's weird. Did you try to find out why it happens like that?

2. kimutler

kimutler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

no take battery out power lead disconnected and power button then pushed for 30 sec, does work now and then, I put it down to wear & tear did give the power button a good clean with a circuit cleaner spray and it worked for a time when I cleaning the fans,( I do that once a year is it get realy dusty ) it only does it after a blue screen or if the power supply is cut off (power cut in the house) we get a few here where I live.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  3. remdale

Reputations:
    I've never cleaned the power button, but it should not happen like that anyway. Holding it for several seconds does its job in my case.
    The most effective way of cleaning is fully disassembly the button and clean the metal elements inside with an eraser or a spray. It should work out. You can also replace the button with a different one or short its pins to find out the nature of the issue.
    But if it's about some logical part, that's a different story.

4. kimutler

Reputations:
    yes the first time I stripped the dragon down to the bottom base as I wanted to replace the bios battery in doing that it made sense to clean the fans and give the power button a good clean with a alcohol based spray its not so bad now, if it get any worse I have to strip it again, I do the fans every year as they do get quite a lot of dust in 12 months on the heat sinks, but the temp does not go up so a regular cleaning seems the best way for me ,
    +

5. remdale

Reputations:
    What is a normal temperature of your CPU? Is that x9000?

Speaking of the GTX280M, seems like I got scammed by the Chinese seller. Trying to get my money back now.
    By the way, my IDE-SATA bay is working fine now. The other day I've got an idea. What if the IDE connector can hold 2 devices at the same time? Though I couldn't find any IDE-IDE bay for the Dragon, I bought a different one for Lenovo, but it has a different type of the mini IDE connector, so I can just cross 2 bays by exchanging their mini IDE connectors to make an IDE bay for a 2.5" IDE-Dual Compact Flash adapter to check if 2 compact flash cards can to work at the same time.

6. kimutler

Reputations:
    yes its x9000 about 38 c at idle it ticks away 2.5 ghz when on the net if I load it up like gaming and have the win tv happauge running in the back ground recording 2 tv stations it runs at 2.8ghz (3.6ghz with throttle stop running) at 60c
    the other one has a x7900 and that one seems to run a little lower at load but if I am not to carful it will freeze up and then I have to wait a few mins for it to clear its self I only have 4g of ram in that one where's with the x9000 I have 8g of ram

as far as the ide connecters never tried that but there was a topic on this form a few years back not sure what the out come was, I think it was down to slow a speed if am right

7. remdale

Reputations:
    Got it. Thanks for your info.
    What temp at 3.6GHz?

8. kimutler

Reputations:

9. remdale

Reputations:
    Thanks for this info.

10. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Would be incredible if you could get the upgrades done. I miss the dragon.