*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. CompTrekkie

CompTrekkie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey 2.0! Yep I saw that one. was considering it. Figured I would check here first. My Current two HDXs are running great. Does everything my kids need them to for internet browsing, Web based games, and they have NES SNES emulators on them as well. They love playing on the large screen and show off to there friends the uniqueness of them. Need to add two more to my collection so that they each have there own and I still have my original for me. lol Gonna have the whole family on HDXs.

ole!!! and t456 like this.
  2. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Do you have any suggestions on how to install 10? It's been a hassle for a number of people of this forum. Most of the issues apparently had to do with the GPU, drivers, and Windows Update.

By the way, if you don't like telemetry on Windows 10, the free program O&O Shut Up 10 works really well.

3. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    asdf deleted

4. kimutler

kimutler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    happy exmas to all you guys hope your dragons are running ok

paparon and 2.0 like this.
  5. frostbytes

frostbytes Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Merry Christmas folks. Nice to see Dragons still being used. Mine rarely gets fired up but I can't see myself ever selling it. It's just too interesting and unique.

kimutler and 2.0 like this.
  6. Darkitec

Darkitec Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm excited, just replaced a cooling fan and installed the x9000 chip in mine. Only a few things left to upgrade, install the white list BIOS, add a dual band wifi card and add a second TV tuner. Any recommendations on a good 4k tv tuner? Mines still my big fast daily use computer.

kimutler and 2.0 like this.
  7. 2.0

2.0 NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Merry Christmas everyone. :)

CompTrekkie, kimutler and paparon like this.
  8. remdale

remdale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Merry Christmas to everybody here!
    I'd like to make my dragon as my main laptop, but it's too weak nowadays. For example I have a BD ripped video that takes a lot of CPU power. I need to have at least a 4-core CPU. So I cannot watch it on my dragon. I had an idea to buy Clevo P570WM3/Sager NP9570/Eurocom Panther 5 and replace its screen with the dragon's one. To do that, I would have to print out a new customized body with a 3D printer to make it fit the 20 inch screen.
    What is your mind about this?

9. 2.0

2.0 NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Why Frankenputer it? Better to get an external monitor for the Sager/Clevo which will blow the HDX's screen away or hook it up to a TV. Though, the 17.3" for daily use is fine though. The 2.8" difference isn't make or break. For things that truly require a larger display, use an external display. Even a curved one.

10. remdale

remdale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I understand your point, but I need to have a portable laptop and watch things while on the way:D
    17.3 is not enough for me. I get a lot of satisfaction when watching a movie on the 20" screen.

kimutler likes this.