*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. kimutler

kimutler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Look on page 1 of this form under the heading cpu it should give you a clue

2. Olli kiehmy

Olli kiehmy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello.
    Can not find it.

3. kimutler

kimutler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    looks like you are right,its gone it was here somewhere but as the form was upgraded a couple of years back a lot of photos & shortcuts got lost have a good look at theses shortcuts, maybe you mite find it

SPECIAL:
    CPU's, from the Montevina platform with 1066mhz FSB, can be used in the HDX. But they require a CPU socket mod to change the FSB from 266mhz to 200Mhz. Best to use from this series is the X9100 which can be overclocked to 3.6-4.0 GHZ using throttlestop.

See RickiBerlin's post on how to do the CPU socket Mod for X9100:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-...n-owners-lounge-part-2-a-462.html#post8142578
    Temp comparison between two types of X9100's ("QHBQ" and "SLB48") in HDX:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-...n-owners-lounge-part-2-a-425.html#post8062903
    Voltage requirements @ various overclocks:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-...n-owners-lounge-part-2-a-423.html#post8057127
    Testing for overclock stability - Uses test such as Wprime, Intel Burn Test and Prime 95.

4. scleme

scleme Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I recommend removing this:

ATTENTION: GPU SWAP ACHIEVED
    senordingdong has successfully installed a Quadro 2700M in the HDX. He has overcome the difficulty Triturbo has demonstrated in the linked post above. His method requires modification of the HDX's BIOS and LVDS wiring. His sound method should work with the 3700M which one can subsequently flash to be a 280M GTX. More experimentation may be required for a 280M GTX or 9800M GTX to work properly. But senordingdong is more than capable. Also note that there are no higher cards then the aforementioned that can be used since MXM switched to a different standard and card edge which is incompatible with the HDX's MXM connector.

Contact @senordingdong at IT Elite for details and installation pricing. Contact Email: info@itelite.org Website: https://itelite.org

5. 2.0

2.0 NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Removed as per request.

Shame what happened.

scleme likes this.
  6. Art B.

Art B. Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thought I would let everyone know that I have Win 10 1803 running on 2 Nvidia Dragons with SSD's. Run perfectly and decent speed with SSD. Had lots of trouble with upgrade. Microsoft support helped with one but I got the other going myself. Run Update troubleshooter, empty softwaredistribution folder under windows, uninstall 3rd party anti virus, remove all peripherals including mice and even printers connected by wifi or ethernet. Make sure latest Nvidia 342.01 is installed and set under 3D to maximize performance globally and double check each application thru Nvidia control panel. If you have any questions, let me know. Probably faster now than it ever was under Vista or 7. Had 8 gigs memory.

NTBR likes this.
  7. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Great work, Art B.

I think Windows 10 is great, with my only concern being telemetry (tracking by Microsoft). However, there are third party anti-telemetry programs out there.

Do you have to shield your Nvidia driver from later Windows Update?

8. Art B.

Art B. Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Windows 10 has never tried to update 342.01 on my 2 computers. People with other model computers with 342.01 (the last version for our gpu) complain on line that Win 10 1803 crashes from it. I believe it is because they haven't set their 3D power option to maximum performance globally and for each application in the Nvidia control panel. It can be tricky doing the setting because if you haven't set it previously, you need to set it as soon as Win 10 boots up because it might freeze before you get it set. Also if you have to do a clean reinstall of Nvidia, you will have to reset the power options before windows crashes. I avoid doing a clean install. If you have to reinstall the driver do not check the box to do the clean install. In that case it will keep your old power settings.

NTBR likes this.
  9. MobileArtist

Reputations:
    You did really inspired, valuable work on all this, Art B.

Many thanks.

By the way, what models do you have?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  10. MobileArtist

Reputations:
    Does anyone happen to have the pinout for the Dragon's LVDS cable?