*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. jobaru4

jobaru4 Newbie

Reputations:
    HP HDX 9000 DRAGON is very nice, where i can find it

2. kimutler

kimutler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    look on ebay if you have no joy here buying one

3. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Any Dragon owners in Ireland who would like to sell their Dragon to a fellow Irishman? (Irishperson)

4. hovercraftdriver

hovercraftdriver Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Looking to sell my Dragon if any interest. I believe I have the 8800 GTS, 2.5 ghz model, would verify if anyone is interested. Just fired it up yesterday after sitting on a shelf for a while. Looks great, runs good, minor blemishes, probably 8/10 as far as condition compared to new. Let me know. Thanks!

Dominick_7 likes this.
  5. Art B.

Art B. Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone have luck installing Win 10 1803 on their HP dragon. Mine works fine with 8 gig and a SSD using Win 10 1709 with Nvidia 342.01 driver but seems like that driver fails when you try to upgrade to 1803 the April Win 10 release. Been a great computer for many years but may be at the end of the line unless Nvidia provides an update. Seems to be a widespread problem, not just the Dragon. By the way, you have to go to the Nvidia control panel and set Nvidia 3D power management setting for maximum performance globally and for every required application otherwise it dies under all versions of Windows 10. You have to do it fast because Win 10 will keep crashing until you have all the setting set. But it works perfectly if you can get that done. Been using 2 of them in this office for many years.

6. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @MobileArtist how did that M3000 GPU upgrade go? was it 3700M?

7. scleme

scleme Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It was a 3700M, the card was installed but the brightness issue was never solved and after more than Two years of waiting and $1300.00 invested I'm still 'trying' to get my Two Dragon laptops returned to me. I don't recommend anyone in this forum going the route I did.

8. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    wahh so you send your laptop and havent gotten it back yet?

even if its half brightness i'd probably use it for a more powerful GPU but at this point having a computer > no computer

9. scleme

scleme Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Correct. I sent two of them out (one for spare parts if needed) and the other (absolutely mint) to be upgraded over Two years ago. I purchased the upgraded parts, the mod was done but the screen brightness issue was never overcome and the project was abandoned. I am still attempting to retrieve my Two Dragon laptops.

10. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    if it failed shouldnt he have just send it back to you along with 3700M in it? unless he is still doing testing..