*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. eldasto

eldasto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, I'll try selling it like it is for a little less than the price you mention, I would be ok with just $100-$120 dollars, its been sitting there for 5 years now, I should have sold it long ago.

2. lzeta

lzeta Newbie

Reputations:
    I must pay for the programmer or the programming service, before to pay for program the eprom I would like to try it.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

3. kimutler

kimutler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    you are welcome its a pity you was not in the uk I mite of purchased it of you, but that's life good luck.

4. NTBR

NTBR Newbie

Reputations:
    I'd be interesting in buying it, do you have an e-mail address I can contact you on?

5. Darkitec

Darkitec Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok, I'm deleting my previous idiotic post and I'll replace it with a new one, My power button is no longer working, (Clicks and lights up but it does nothing else) I can still start the computer with the remote or the quick play buttons, but I would really love to get it working again. Especially if I decide to do a BIOS flash. It's been a long time since I've opened the box, I don't remember is the button replaceable or is it soldered to the MB? If soldered to the board, can someone recommend a part number for a replacement button?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  6. remdale

remdale Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's soldered on the motherboard, so there's no part number for it. If you click it and something happens, then it should work fine. So it means the problem is not the button.

7. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You try taking out the battery and power brick, and holding the power button for 30 seconds? It might be a problem with the internal battery..? Actually I guess not an internal battery issue if youre getting a light.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  8. kimutler

kimutler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    if what Dominick says don't work and you have the mother board out, you can spray a electric circuit board cleaner its alcohol based and should evaporate strait away as there could be loads of dirt on it, it worked for me

9. Darkitec

Darkitec Newbie

Reputations:
    8 gig memory is scheduled to arrive today and the x9000 chip is sitting on my desk, at some point this week I'll pull it apart and try the circuit bd cleaner on it and keep my fingers crossed.

I don't think it's the internal battery, I understand that the computer starts forgetting what time it is when that battery goes dead, and that hasn't started happening yet, though, after a decade it's probably time to think about replacing it while I've got the box open, Anyone know what size battery is used to power the bios?

10. 2.0

2.0 NBR Macro-Mod® Super Moderator

Reputations:
    CR2032