*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. kimutler

kimutler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    no they are getting hard to find nowadays I purchased the last 3 I seen on ebay, most people now want windows 10 and it does not work with this graphic card without some mods,
    that's the reason there were going cheap on ebay in a1 condition, one point to remember is inport duty I had one laptop ordered from over seas the seller insured it for 3 times the value, the customs here in the uk charged duty at 20% (of the insured value) which worked out at the same price of what I paid for it,I just rejected it and got my money back the seller lost out big time by not doing he home work, i think you be best to sell local if that's possible 11 kilos is about right its not cheap I sold about 20 of them in the uk .

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  2. saqibq

saqibq Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    please private msg me a retail selling price i should let it go for. or the avg price you bought them for.

and for anyone who really needs it.. i am traveling to UK and USA so i can carry it with me free of charge in my luggage !! and then ship from UK or USA once i reach there.

3. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Has the website protocol changed with regard to private messages? I ran up against a limit of approx. 400 characters! If this keeps happening it will be like Twitter.

4. MobileArtist

Reputations:
    No one knows if they have been able to post a private message with more than 425 characters recently?

5. MobileArtist

Reputations:
    Scleme. Are you still on the forum? I've been trying to PM you, using what seems to be a changed PM system.

6. MobileArtist

Reputations:
    What a lively bunch.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

7. kimutler

Reputations:
    just like ebay none for sale blame w10 its killing this laptop, keep getting people ringing me for w10 update for the dragons I sold them, then they trade them in for a different make with w10 no one wants w7 or 8 now !!! don't think many have these dragons on this site they have moved on !!!!.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  8. MobileArtist

Reputations:
    This is why I'm still working on solving the last remaining problem with the 3700M upgrade. The card does work in the machine… It just doesn't give a vibrant screen, the most likely reason being that the panel (at least the WUXGA) is an 8-bit panel, and the card that senordingdong installed is only outputting 6-bit.

After getting no assistance in trying to post on the Korean ThinkPad website and reach Leo Kim, who knows how to adjust the bit output of these cards, I got in touch with another tech who has an alternate theory on why the card is outputting 6-bit. Without going into detail until I get more information, it once again has to do with the LVDS cable…which was the problem all along with trying to upgrade the GPU.

A motherboard upgrade is actually possible with this machine, but without financial interest and commitment by forum members, it becomes a time-consuming, and profitless enterprise for senordingdong.

Anyway, I'm glad someone finally responded. I thought the mothership came, and whisked everyone off.

9. kimutler

Reputations:

not me I am going down with this ship !!!!

yes I do agree" what we need as 2.0 stated a few years back "info from a develop hp engineer that worked on the design of the this laptop " I bet they discarded a few designs mods before they come up with what we have now, the clever guys on this site could of used and save a lot of time & donkey work finding needles in hay stacks, we all could be using this laptop running like a breeze a few years back and many to go with w 10 before it being replaced by smaller units.

10. MobileArtist

Reputations:
    It ain't dead yet. The 3700M works, but with a dull, somewhat dim screen, likely due to the wrong bit output. The 3700M can output to 8 bit output and above, needs to output 8 bit for our screen, but is only outputting 6 bit according to SDD. The value of the 3700M, in addition to more robust processing power and construction, is that it has a Windows 10 driver available.

I bought a 3700M, and am willing to put up money for a motherboard upgrade. There is an Asus MB of a generation back that would fit according to SDD, but without a bunch pf people willing to participate financially in the mod, it's a no go. This machine with the 3700M or a new MB is a great machine for big screen lovers.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017