*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Bry_Guy

Bry_Guy Newbie

Reputations:
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  2. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Bry_Guy likes this.
  3. kimutler

kimutler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    yes there is still a good few parts available on flea bay, as far as the complete laptops for sale well yes the condition of the models are realy in a1, it seems most owners now are wanting to upgrade to new computers with w 10. and just want to get rid of there dragons,

looks like KLF has the answer buy the looks of it.to your problem

the symptoms of over heating and clock speed I had two dragons which every time i connected to the net with explorer 11, the cpu rocket up to 100% & 97ctemp, the defrag option vanished , I took the lazy way out as I could not for the life of me find out what it was, so I reinstalled the same os (win 7 64 bit ) that fixed my problem,

the specs of the two dragons in question was w7 64bit x9000 cpu 8800 grahics cards 8 gb ram f40 bios setting Samsung ssd evo 500gb the clock speed was 3.6 at 18 x at 1.35 v

the x9000 is a better cpu and going for the same price as the x7900 on this side of the ocean uk just saying

good luck in fixing your problem .

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Bry_Guy likes this.
  4. 2.0

2.0 NBR Macro-Mod® Super Moderator

Reputations:
    X9000 or bust. X7900 is just not worth it unless it's free.

ole!!! and Bry_Guy like this.
  5. ZaZo

ZaZo Newbie

Reputations:
    2.0, or anyone knowledgeable, can you tell me if it is possible to install "proper" drivers for ATI 2600 XT on HDX9000 under Windows 8.1, if so, can you provide simple tutorial, cos I've tried almost everything and so far failed to succeed, tia.

6. rogue_ronin

rogue_ronin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I saw this video:

And I thought of MobileArtist's question that I couldn't really answer way back when with any specifics. This guy explores it beautifully. I'm starting to watch his other videos, he's that good.

TL;DR: Linux hosting Windows with passthrough, around 4-5%, but some stuff is actually faster in a VM.

PS: but this guy did a complex KVM configuration, that he fully explains how to do in another video. But it's complex.

PPS: ¡COMPLEX!

7. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You have a great memory rogue_ronin.

That's a great, technically smart video. The takeaway is that Microsoft's virtualization technology now has reduced the computational toll to negligible levels, making VM a good solution for almost any application.

The march of progress.

8. saqibq

saqibq Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

Traveling soon for a few months/Maybe year. cant carry my Dragon around. need cash as well. so have to sell it before i leave.

First Owner ever since i got it.
    Specs as Below

T9300 @2.5 Ghz (Never Overclocked or messed with etc)
    Screen is 1920 x 1200.
    RAM is 4 GB
    Hard Disk is 120 GB + 250 GB
    Windows 8.1 and Office 2013 Installed.
    New Graphics Card NVidia 8800m GTS (3rd in my lifetime) bought 2 months ago so everything is perfect.
    Never used for gaming etc. only Internet browsing
    Everything works except for the Touch Mouse Panel ( a wire snapped.. just a simple wire replacement needed) .. so i always use a mouse as its stationed on my table since forever.

Battery is Dead. so works directly from AC

The laptop could do with some Screws as i lost a few while replacing the Graphics Card.

Can be shipped worldwide. if Possible. how heavy is it btw ??

Any suggestions what would be a good Selling price. please private msg me.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  9. kimutler

kimutler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

how about the bass & treble plus the tv ???? needs a new touchpad buy the sounds of it,
    its going to be 11 kilos with power adapter !!! its about £11 postage in the uk (hermes) over seas it will cost you more than its worth !!! there going for £100 in a1 order on fleabay now, with w 8 and office I would think £130 with postage cost in the uk

saqibq likes this.
  10. saqibq

saqibq Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    bass and treble works fine.. and TV Adaptor if u mean.. (never used it)

actually only the end of the wire needs replacement.. not the whole touchpad.

11 Kilos is a lot. and im not based in UK. im in UAE. could not find any on eee bay .. so couldnt figure out the avg price for it.