*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. frostbytes

frostbytes Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you! It looks like that will do.

[L]

2. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There may also be an HDMI to DisplayLink adapter, but I was not able to find one in the time I had...

But you do want to use your new USB 3.0 port!

3. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  4. Kyocera_UK

Kyocera_UK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a Targus XXL case of a similar design (if not identical) and I can confirm the Dragon fits in perfectly, snug and secure. At the time I bought mine there was only that and one alternative available in the UK that would fit!

5. I_am_Sam

I_am_Sam Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, can you elaborate more on how to boot to an external monitor via HDMI? I'm trying to get it so that the HDX will load up on an external monitor so that I can boot the HDX without having it open. Right now, it just hangs on start up if I start the laptop closed with the remote.

Thanks for your help!

6. duggy2145

duggy2145 Newbie

Reputations:
    [duplicate

7. duggy2145

duggy2145 Newbie

Reputations:
    Well as it turns out it wasnt the bios that has killed the beast.Ran upgrade and new bios have run fine for a couple of weeks.\the x9000 arrived and I used the manual to install it.Gave the gpu some new paste and cleaned out the heatsinks.Buttoned it all up and....well it does power up and the quicklink buttons light up but thats about it.Have pulled it down again and cheked everything,even swapped the t9300 back in but its the same.\logo on the screen back works but the screen is dark,occasional blip from the hard drive led.Fans ect are running.I could cry,I really need to get it back up and running.I am thinking the GPU has had a wobbly ,though I could be way off.
    Anyone with any ideas?\
    Doug

8. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    You can't. The one thing you might try is to go into power management and set lid closed to "do nothing." I won't boot to external but if external is plugged in, it can either mirror the internal or extend to it with the lid closed once the OS is up. If you always leave the lid down, you can set the external to primary. If you external has the same native resolution as the internal, then you can mirror it.

9. Faszero

Faszero Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,
    My HDX 9320ea has stopped working only got the blue power light showing. Took it apart and sent the motherboard away but the repair shop is unable to fix it says it could be a broken track.
    Bought a secondhand HDX9300 motherboard but with no graphics card, the slot is smaller by 10 pins (my original is Nvidia 8800m), would a Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT DDR3 512MB MXM II VGA Card 9600MGT work in it?

10. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    No, the 9600GT won't work. Also, you bought the ATI version of the mobo. The correct part number for the Nvidia motherboard is 464591-001. See 1st post of thread for more details.