*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. maarten08

maarten08 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    At 1.100V on a T8300 @ 2.6Ghz here, temps didn't rise.

2. aldam

aldam Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I understand it runs all the time at 2.6ghz. EIST doesn't work.

3. 2.0

2.0 NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Nope, no rise in temps.

4. aldam

Reputations:
    2.0 thanks
    t9300 is much cheaper then x9000. At 2.7ghz with 6mb is quite good for 8800m gts I think.

So the next aim is 280m ;)

5. maarten08

Reputations:
    You can turn EIST on and off in Throttlestop ;)

6. aldam

Reputations:
    sorry for the question but I don't understand ;)

We can OC the cpu and get one more Multiplier but it works for example for t9300 from 6 to 13,5 Multiplier?

7. maarten08

Reputations:
    When EIST is off, T9300 will run at 13.5 multiplier (2.7Ghz) constantly. But you can turn EIST on and then you are not longer overclocking your system.

If you meant: when overclock is on, it is running constantly at 2.7Ghz, you are right.

8. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    STEP 3:
    Extract ThrottleStop into a directory on your main drive and run it. Now close ThrottleStop down by right clicking on it in the taskbar and choosing exit. Just needed it to create a configuration file. Go into the ThrottleStop directory and open the configuration file. Scroll to the bottom and set DualIDA=1. Then save it.

Extract as in create a folder on the root of the C drive or go into one of the Program Files folders and create a folder called Throttlestop and extract it into a folder in there? I tried just extracting all 10 files into the root without a folder and ran it and it didn't create another file with config at the end. Or does it effect one of the files that are already there. EDIT Ah got it.. it changes the ThrottleStop.ini file...I THINK I got it.. my badios.

Ok I did the two tests and it says I max out at 2693 at the 13.5 Multiplier mark. The scores were:

32M- 40.899 sec

1042M- 1232.754 sec

Any way to get it to go higher?

Wow now that I'm messing around with this setting it's certainly noticeably faster, much more zippy! This is awesome.. so I don't want to have this continually going at 2693 I guess right? I KNEW I could tell a difference between a 2.5 and 2.8 or even 2.6 or 2.7. I should check the EIST box no? Or will it get overheated and cause damage over time? I guess it won't automatically do the stepping for you with the EIST unchecked.. I don't think I yet understand the Benchmarks.. as far as what I'm hoping to see or what is bad.​

9. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
  10. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is this safe to do with a 2.5GHZ CPU? Also what would it bring a 2.8GHZ to if one did the PLL pinmod as described above...which makes my eyes crossed trying to understand it..lol. I adjusted the voltage and the scores were the same as I listed already.. I GUESS that means all is ok..? No BSOD or anything.