*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Dual-IDA Overclock and Non Whitelisted BIOS, F40E.

Modified BIOS created by the illustrious poster, NANDO4
    (Based off original non-whitelisted BIOS created by TTAV134 from mydigitallife)

This BIOS will allow you to use any wifi card in mPCIe slot 1.

It will also allow you to overclock your Intel non-Extreme series processor like a T8300, T9300, T9500, etc., by adding an additional multiplier for an extra 8%-13% of processing power.

As an example, a (2.5Ghz)T9300 will O/C to 2.7Ghz.

So here's what's needed:

STEP 1:

Install Nando4's modded BIOS. Simply unzip into a directory and run update.exe as administrator. Make sure you have no windowed programs running. ​

STEP 2:
    After BIOS successfully installs (if it bricked, use recovery method- link on page 1), set processor minimum to 100% in power plan advanced settings. click on battery icon in taskbar and choose more power options. ​

STEP 3:
    Extract ThrottleStop into a directory on your main drive and run it. Now close ThrottleStop down by right clicking on it in the taskbar and choosing exit. Just needed it to create a configuration file. Go into the ThrottleStop directory and open the configuration file. Scroll to the bottom and set DualIDA=1. Then save it.

Run ThrotleStop again. Check Set Multiplier. Use the up arrow button to select the maximum multiplier. Uncheck EIST. Then hit Turn on. Under Option, check DualIDA on start. ​

STEP 4:
    Run CPU-Z to verify it works.​

STEP 5:
    Run Wprime while CPU-Z is up to make sure it holds the highest multiplier.​

STEP 6:
    If everything works, now it's time to lower the voltage to the CPU runs cool. Try 1.100v. Run Wprime 32M test. If that's good, Run Wprime 1024 test. If that went off without a hitch (no BSD) then you're done. You just need to set it up for permanent operation.​

LASTLY:
    In options for Throttlestop, check "Start Minimized."
    Now, go back into the ThrottleStop directory and rightclick on the executable file. Click make short cut. Name it whatever you like. Then drag that short cut link to the StartMenu and place it under the Start Up section so that you will boot up with Dual IDA enabled. ​

You should be all set. Enjoy!

2. 2.0

Reputations:
    I sense it's going to be a PITA to change the SAMSUNG M4 70T5663QZ3-CE6 RAM using SPDTool to CAS 6. :mad:

Figure a 6-6-6-18-24-53 should do it but can't figure out how to use this program. :eek:

3. Digitalwindow

Digitalwindow Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I must have slept through the holidays or something.............wow!! :notworthy: NANDO4 :notworthy:

I'll assume, 2.0, that by "PITA" you weren't speaking of a "people ingesting tasty animals"? Just to lob this out there: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aftermarket-upgrades/393027-pll-pinmod-overclocking-methods-examples-30.html#post5627067 (points straight to a Samsung tweak trial; though I have little doubt you've already perused). This one's just so I don't forget: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=20349

4. 2.0

Reputations:

LOL, yeah. Saw that but using SPDTool is not exactly intuitive. And the older version of Thaiphoon 6.3 doesn't run in win7 x64.

Wonder if I just drop PC2-6400 RAM with 6-6-6-18 timing in... would that do the trick? Hmmm...:no:

5. Digitalwindow

Digitalwindow Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Looky, even on sale! HP 16GB DDR2 SDRAM Memory Module - 16GB (2 x 8GB) - 800MHz DDR2-800/PC2-6400 - ECC - DDR2 SDRAM - 200-pin SoDIMM http://www.nextdaypc.com/main/products/details.aspx?PID=6914371&rsmainid=ND0130014

This would mean pagefile should be @ 24GB!! :p lol But 16GB RAM for the Dragon? Might as well enamor it with rhinestones!

Note: I do not know if this will work.

6. S_K_I

S_K_I Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've only recently been on the forums after weeks of hiatus when I stumbled on the discussion regarding the bios modding, so forgive my ignorance. Now, can I do this with my hdx9494nr t8100? If so, which modded bios version do I need to download? Thanks in advance....

7. 2.0

Reputations:
    Both will work with all HDXs.

Nando4's BIOS does both things: disables the whitelist and sets up DualIDA overclock.

8. 2.0

Reputations:
    Chipset for sure won't handle 16GB.

Overkiller... :D

9. DRAGONe

DRAGONe Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Unfortunately 8GB (2x4) is the limit.

10. aldam

aldam Notebook Evangelist

Reputations: