*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    :D
    Meanwhile, in Germany already dinner time. (18.00 clock "in U.S. 6.00PM")
    So I have to slowly prepare my lunch. :D

I had my coffee down time in between. However, there was no "pancakes / Berliner/ Pfannkuchen". Today, I preferred strawberry pie and peach pie.

Most of all I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning. Then finally there is supper. :D :D :D :twitchy:

2. RickiBerlin

Reputations:
    Very good. Yes, I need your serial number. I would like to report the offense to the police because of a "HDX theft." I was recently in New York and is missing since me a "HDX". ;) :D
    No, seriously this is a valuable information for me. Thank you for that. Until now I do not know 100% what the cause behind the loss of this data has.

I'll think about it yet. Just as well I at each "HDX" knows exactly what I did and when.

Cautious this context is just a guess from me. Could exclude all other possible relationships, but I.

3. AlphaHeX

AlphaHeX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ricki that information is DMI related and can be updated with HP DMI tools to any value you want

4. RickiBerlin

Reputations:
    Thank you for your answer. :notworthy: As I said I did not have to Googling.
    "HP DMI tools" are not known to me. Either I "Google" or you explain more about it sometime.

By what do you think this data is lost?

What do you think about the connection to the "WiFi N6300 problem"? I'm really no other explanation. Thank God, but come up with new ideas. :)

5. frostbytes

frostbytes Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think I'll stay on 197.45 for now. Should I disable Powermizer even with this version of the driver? Is it simply a matter of installing the PowerMizer Manager app and not checking "Enable PowerMizer Feature"? Could that help my issues with my Dragon BSOD when playing YouTube videos?

[L]

6. frostbytes

Reputations:
    I'm not sure that I'm following this. You suggest using a cloning tool first to clone from the HDD to the SSD, then using Paragon Alignment Manager 3.0 (Paragon Paragon Alignment Tool - Overview) to correct the alignment on the SSD, but warning that if there isn't plenty of free space the alignment may not work?

[L]

7. RickiBerlin

Reputations:
    Yes you have understood this correctly. You do not worry too much! Everything will be fine.
    Most important: Always make a copy of your system! So you have any security.

Simply clones your system from the HDD to the new SSD. What software do you use is your choice.
    There are also many free software. If Intel SSD then you can download Acronis from Intel.

After cloning you have your partition (or partitions) to align.

Note: You can create your partition already set to "HDD" and then align with "sector to sector cloning" mirrors. This saves the SSD host writes.

Whichever route you choose, the alignment requires free disk space. Comparable with the defragmentation. In both cases, data must be rearranged.
    It is of course required temporary space. Is not available, it can cause problems.

Do not worry too much about you!

And again. "Paragon Alignment Tool" is just one of many tools. Again, there are free software.

8. RickiBerlin

Reputations:
    Excuse that I answer. 2.0 responds safely later.

I do not think your BSOD with the GPU driver is connected. With a GPU driver problem "under version 257.21", the driver will be restored in case of problems.

When GPU driver issues "newer version than 257.21" is not a BSOD. These drivers are a system crash. Freeze or monochrome display. There is no "recovery driver" and not an automatic reboot.

Do you play on the HDX?

If not then this information and a simplified solution for you.

NVPMM requires no installation. This is only a registry editor tool. Use it!

Place "FixedPerformanceLevel" for Battery and AC on "MedPerf. / MedPowerSave"!
    Your GPU is now fixated on "275/301/550". Check if there are still crashes with youtube videos.

All changes by "NVPMM" can also be "NVPMM" undone.
    Alternatively, also by a GPU Driver Uninstall all "NVPMM" deleted values​​.
    So there is no risk.

Whether your BSOD problem is related to the driver but I do not think so.

There are many components. For example, browsers, Flash Player, OS

@ 2.0 Please answer even you!

9. frostbytes

Reputations:
    Good. Thank you for clarifying.

One last last question: I've always avoided upgrading my OS. That is, I've always done a fresh OS install. Is it "safe" to upgrade from Vista 64 to Win 7 64 on my Dragon or is that more trouble than it's worth?

[L]

10. RickiBerlin

Reputations:
    Advantage of the upgrade "WVx64" on "W7x64" less work. Moreover, does the "blue button QuickTouch TV" to 100%.
    This statement is not based on my own experiences. I was never an upgrade.

I preferred a fresh install of "W7x64". I also work with all functions of the "HDX" to 100%.
    I would install new at the same time, "SSD" Acquisition and "OS" change. Thus the alignment is the same ok. (for direct installation on SSD)

During installation, I left out the 100MB boot partition. This has advantages for subsequent cloning. However, it is not absolutely necessary.
    For more information about Google in your language!

All you need to make decisions themselves, however. On the other recommendations of other users. Please now .....