*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think I can not help you. You have to test this. Nevertheless, here is my information on this topic.

My signature in this case is not correct. Out of laziness I have not changed it yet.

In this paper, I described all my tests. (There are several posts!) The end result but I have never published.

Final result now here:

My "HDX No. 1" (see signature HDX9350EG with Intel 510 SSD) is the only one that has no problems with "Intel N6300 Ultimate". Continuous operation for 3 months with no errors. This is also my main HDX.
    Moterboard Revision: 2.51
    "ICH-8 revision": B2 ("single HDX" "all my 6 HDX" with B2 revision)

See in this picture at left!

[​IMG]

In the center the "HDX No2" (see signature HDX9480EG with Intel X25M G2 SSD)
    Motherboard Revision: 1.92
    "ICH-8 revision": B1
    When using "Intel N6300 Ultimate" and an existing router connection it comes to system freeze. (Not short term, totally crash)
    This crash occurs without warning. He is not dependent on other factors. So also in "HDX idle mode". The only prerequisite is the router connection. The crash comes after an indefinite time.
    (After 2 hours or 1 hour or 30 hours) but he comes to 100%!

On the right side of image to another notebook. (Medion with PM965)
    ICH-8 Revision: B1 (equivalent to "HDX No.2, which does not work with 6300)
    On this "Medion" works but the "Intel N6300 Ultimate" without problems.
    Continuous operation for 3 months with no errors.

As you can see there is no 100% due to the release of "ICH-8 revision".
    Whether the "motherboard revision" is crucial, I think not. Test yourself!

I still have quite a different suspect. It is about the "HDX identity."
    Unfortunately I have not had time to Google search. For this problem there is with safety information.

The problem:

Each HDX has a serial number and hardware ID. See here in the bios:
    (This information can also be read as "Windows". For example, "System Information")

[​IMG]

This information is lost, then you see the same Biosscreen the exact"HDX" as follows:
    (In the Windows system information now appears "model 8510x):

[​IMG]

This is exactly where I suspect a connection with function or non function of the "Intel N6300 Ultimat".
    This means that if your "HDX ID" still ok, then it works well "Intel N6300 Ultimate".
    The lack of time I have not tested this however. In my "HDX No.1" is the "HDX ID" still ok.

The reason for the "ID deletion" is certainly in Kloon of "OS" to third-party hardware.
    The deletion will be executed in my opinion, the "OS". Only thus can we explain why "HDX No.1" still has a correct "HDX ID". I was able to exclude all other factors now.
    For example: floppy flash bios, CPU changes, hardware changes of any kind, "and SetPll HardwareMod"

I will pursue this issue at some point. But right now I do not have time.
    None of the Intel WiFi was broken. In case of problems, it is deemed never to the wifi card. All three cards work without any problems.
    Unfortunately, I can, however, "N6300" use only in "HDX No.1".
    The other four remaining HDX (No. 3 to No. 6) I have not tested with "N6300".

EDIT:

It is also possible that the "instrumentation number" is retained.
    See, in comparison with the upper bios images. Of course, this is another of my "HDX". :

[​IMG]

2. RickiBerlin

Reputations:
    Unfortunately I've already deleted the German text. And now I must eat breakfast. :D
    (it is 13 clock in Germany, actually lunch time)

If I understand what your actual question, then I will answer later.
    Then, in German and English.
    Please remember ever reading my posts:
    All quotes are only for translation with Google Translate. Google throws otherwise without the quotes confused some contexts. It certainly confused when reading, but it does not work otherwise.

3. RickiBerlin

Reputations:
    Note: For a real cloning is not possible prior alignment!

A real cloning is a mirror image of a complete "HDD / SSD" or a complete "partition"!
    This can be done only on an empty area of the "HDD / SSD." (not into a partition)

To get to a "real cloning" a clone with the correct alignment, the master must already contain a proper alignment.
    The other must then create a sector by sector copy. If a "HDD / SSD with correct alignment" cloned with several partitions, you must not remove the free spaces between the partitions!
    If this is not done, the alignment must be corrected later.

Described by "2.0" Cloning is not really cloning!
    "2.0" describes the restoration of an image. This recovery occurs in a previously manually created partition. In this case, the alignment can be done in the still empty partition.
    Of course, also possible thereafter.

I prefer the "real clones." However, this is a matter of taste. It always requires "more space" and "more hardware".

As was written more often I use "Paragon Alignment Tool 3.0". See also on the right side in this picture.
    In Picture:
    Green means "partition alignment" ok. (all my HDD / SSD is ok)
    Yellow means "partition alignment" is not performed. (in my case only for "Ramdisc")
    Red means "partition alignment" is not possible. (no example)
    Any other software is of course the same thing.

EDIT:

Caution also in making the "correct alignment" of "SSD / HDD" if space is occupied by full partitions. (this also applies to half-empty partitions)

The alignment required free space. This process is aborted due to lack of space, the MBR is incorrect. The drive is not recognized. The repair is possible but somewhat complicated.

The best way leads through to the alignment of the sequence. Only "partition 1" then 2 and so on.
    The last partition to shrink during this time. This reduces the risk of error.

4. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    YOU. ARE. A. GENIUS! (But you already know that. :) )

You must forgive me, I've been away. I feel so lost. :D

I won't be able to work with this today as X9000's are to arrive. Plus my T9800 for my DV5.

5. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I hope you're eating ein berliner. (Pfannkuchen)

6. Burke

Burke Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've just bought my second HDX, a 9200. :smile: :wink:

I think the inverter is not functioning and when I shine a light behind the screen I can see a boot message but can only distinguish the words "when ready".
    Does someone know what the message might be?

7. 2.0

Reputations:
    Sounds like part of "insert system disk press enter when ready" type of message. Do you have a bootable HDD in there?

8. Burke

Burke Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, I must have put my original vista hdd in slot two by mistake.

Thanks for your help.

9. RickiBerlin

Reputations:
    That would be nice, but it is not the fact. :rolleyes: If it were so, would "QX9300" should work.
    We are all professional idiots. ;) Each mastered only one part of matter.
    I have still not dealt with the BiosModding. There are a lot of work ahead of me.

It would be easier if "HP" a 25-inch notebook (or only projection to 10 feet diagonal) "with" six or eight core I7 "and new GPU would bring to the market. Best for under $ 1000. :D

But what do we do? Then we want to bring to work a 24-core Xeon? :eek: :D

I forgive you. ;) :D
    Moreover, I have not finished all the "GPU tests." There are still open questions. Unfortunately I have no time for it now.
    For example:
    If you turn off PowerMizer (with NVPMM) and the frequency to "200/100/400 V at 0.9" fixed, then "IE with Adobe Flash" or WMP can still overclock to 383MHz. (automatic !!!!)
    I still have to test whether this a "crash (with new drivers)" can produce. I mean a system crash. I do not mean IE crash. I had tested this before, but I forget the result. I think it was ok, I'm not sure.

Alternatively, will there still be the "Max.Perf / Min.Powersave" Adjustment and its control. This is equivalent to using the "NVIDIA System Tools with ESA support" but without having to install them.
    Control is yes with "nvidia inspector".

Enjoy your CPU upgrades! Please do before a photo of your BIOS system information! "HDX identity" still exist?
    Or was this post too late and the "HDX" is already open?

10. 2.0

Reputations:
    Yes on both HDXs, all BIOS information fields are populated. Serial number, UUID number, Notebook model name, Service ID, and SKU. I took a look at it after reading your post to see if mine had everything.

So it looks like I can use the Intel 6300 wifi card on both.

Maybe I'll take a picture of it later.

LOL! Classic! :D Should be my new title.