*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. frostbytes

frostbytes Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you. I'd appreciate that!

[L]

2. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    So, it looks like I aligned the partition on the SSD first using Diskpart (found on the Vista DVD) then cloned over the HDD image to the SSD.

Meaning, I initialized the SSD in windows, formatted it, then used Diskpart before cloning over from the HDD. Did a 1024K alignment.

Here's a guide for using Diskpart: SSD Alignment - Windows 7 Forums

3. frostbytes

frostbytes Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Excellent. Thank you for that!

I also looked around and it looks like this $20 migration tool from Paragon does automatic alignments long with other things: Paragon Paragon Migrate OS to SSD - Overview

[L]

4. eugene2878

eugene2878 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Whoever successfully overclocked cpu using pinmod. Can you share info on your ram modules? I have 2 4gb Hynix 6400s modules I can not flash with SPDtool. I have Qimonda 2gb 5300s I could flash. Do you know any others?

5. eugene2878

eugene2878 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Question to Rikki. You have reported some of your HDX's work well with new intel 6300 wifi card, but some of them not. Can you check motherboard revision numbers? I have 2 mobos. One it says 1.92 version and other is 2.92.

6. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    I have (2) 4GB Samsung RAMs that flashed. Elipida RAMs also flashed.

7. eto1976

eto1976 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Report Video performance=>November released games. running on 8800 GTS
    Just to open the post, I have to say my rig ( X9000 + stock 4G HP ram+WUXGA) has never had any issues with Crysis (all),AC2....until now...Nvidia really nailed it with this GPU, it beats the cr*p out of any 200 series:D -I wish there was a way to add more ram to the GPU:D
    1. Battlefield 3 - Frostbite 2 engine- never REQUIRED to have the latest NVidia drivers, just a warning. Great game, amazing graphics, somehow unplayable- no noticeable FPS drops ( I've got 27-28 FPS in worst case, didn't go bellow this value) but sound is echoed. Tried it also with the latest drivers, couldn't notice any improvement. I have no clue why or how this games loads the X9000 CPU to steady 100% - I never succeeded in topping the CPU like that, hence the audio messed up.
    2. COD MW3- no issues at all, runs buttery at Full HD res.
    3. NFS- The run. THE MOST AMAZING GRAPHICS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN A GAME.
    Also uses the FB 2 engine, really jaw dropping rendering. 10-15 FPS in the most challenging scenes(wet roads+urban+ night lights) but pretty good FPS for the rest. Latest Nvidia drivers REQUIRED- the game won't start w/o them

Heh, it seems that, thanks to the 8800 GTS, my Dragon is the longest lasting piece of hardware that kept me loyal.

8. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sorry "2.0" but your guide does not reflect the state of the time. See my signature under "GPU"! And so my settings were already in front of your absence. It has changed in that time nothing.
    Specifically, the use of "nvidia inspector" have not you taken into account. But exactly what is the advantage over "NVIDIA System Tools with ESA support."

"NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support" I do not use a long time.
    The reason for this is "NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support" can only "3D performance mod" control. (All profiles with only 1V)
    This is also the reason for your increased GPU temperature at idle. (200/100/400 at 1V)

In addition, the HDX is louder. Fan goes without use of "HWMonitor" at 53 ° C in stage 2
    And you're lying in idle shortly before this temperature limit.
    But even with the use of "HWMonitor" it is more noisy than my GPU control.

Third and last negative feature of "NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support" installation required, and background services.

I use only "NVPPM" in connection with "nvidia inspector".
    In your "NVPMM" setting (Max Performance) "inspector would nvidia) also control only this mod. (Initial value 500/799/1250)
    In a setting of "200/100/400" also 1V. This corresponds exactly to your setting in conjunction with "NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support".

However, I am going a different route:

"NVPMM" starts with me "Min.Perf / Max.PowerSave". Corresponds to "200/100/400" at 0.9 V.
    This is sufficient for most use. (Of course, no game)

It would also be the "NVPMM" setting "Med.Perf / Med.PowerSave". Corresponds to "275/301/550" at 0.9 V. Even in this setting remains cooler than the GPU in your setting with "200/100/400.
    The reason is that for this frequency "correct voltage of 0.9 V".
    Within this setting (NVPMM Med / Med) can naturally "nvidia inspector" means any frequency range of 0.9 V can be set.
    For example, "200/100/400" or "383/301/767". (500/799/1250 but not too little tension!)
    The frequency change is about "nvidia inspector", for me with administrative shortcuts. (No consultation and immediate change to my frequency command)

Last meaningful "NVPMM" pre-selection would be "Max.Perf / Min.PowerSave". This I have mentioned before. For example, for users play the games exclusively.
    Start here then "500/799/1250" at 1V.
    Even in this "NVPMM Setting", you can set frequencies with "nvidia inspector" lower, or even higher.
    For example, "200/100/400" (similar to "2.0" setting with "NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support" because at 1V), or "600/959/1500".

The handling is just as easy. It sounds complicated, just because I always rename all the possibilities. "What a starting profile" favors a user will depend on its particular use of the "HDX".
    Too bad I can not English. Thus, this is again a mystery for many rates. Even for "2.0".

I think again I would like to explain this either. It is really easy to understand.

Nevertheless, my thanks for your work! Many of your posts are obviously better than mine. Should lie at the English. :D

9. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Please heeded that old post of mine! <------click !!!!!

"2.0" I really want a response from you!

Of all my RAM modules are the only "Kingston modules" flashable. I think this also applies to all "Kingston modules".
    In "T9300" overclocking I see no compelling need up to 3.2 GHz. (maybe even 3.3 GHz)
    Everyone must itself perform a "RAM test"!
    T9300 with 3.4 GHz and 3.5 GHz required a "flash RAM". However, the maximum voltage is not already "Intel Burn Test" stable.
    In conjunction with a "V SocketMod" then this is not a problem. (enough to be here "VID3 + VSS for 3.4 GHz" and "vid4+VSS for 3.5 GHz or higher")

See this post by "nando4" for "VID3" and "vid4".

Of course you can also use intermediate voltages. See here a great overview of "naton"!

With the use of T8100 and T8300 (or lower) would be a "flash RAM" more appropriate.

10. eto1976

eto1976 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    GPU freq?

Somehow I must have messed up when installing a day ago...
    I cannot set the mem clock @ 100 because it returns "The changes made were invalid and will not be applied"

@RickiBerlin
    Ich verstehe Deutsch auch...