*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. wmafile

wmafile Newbie

Reputations:
    Shown in picture my motherboard with the ati card in place.

In the red circle the motherboard has clear solder points for the 8800's "mxm he"

It looks like I have a revision which is compatible but for cost cutting uses the smaller sized bracket which will work with my ati card.

The mobo is not dead. I can post without a keyboard If I use the ATI card. I'll will double check to be certain whether I have "no display" or "no backlight"

Attached Files:

2. Digitalwindow

Digitalwindow Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I too do not test to 1.5 v because 1.4250 already creates too heavy a burden (though it will work at 1.5 v; same BSOD). Sorry RickiBerlin, I don't have as many Dragons as you to rough up! :) ( :( )

That is amazing!! X9100!!! :D Good ol' beast this Dragon is :D

3. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    A T9300 can be dual-IDA overclocked to 2.7Ghz, or dual-IDA+PLL.pinmod+setPLL overclocked to 3.4Ghz. A X9000/X9100 can get up to 4Ghz+ without needing any pinmod.

Now you've just had no-tech show for the first time that a X9100 can be BSEL cpu pinmodded to 200Mhz FSB and then Throttlestop overclocked to 4.2Ghz.

X9100 cpus are cheaper and more plentiful than X9000 units on ebay (for now), are more versatile since they can be used in 965PM/800Mhz and PM45/1066Mhz chipset system at full FSB speed and will be more valuable in the future. If looking to upgrade I'd suggest finding a lower power E0-stepping X9100 as the best candidate.

4. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thank you for answering my questions. :) Ok, "SetPLL" for fine tuning. This may well be the only meaning.
    Then you are otherwise the same opinion, "231x18" is no performance difference even to "200x21". (apart from the 42MHz)

Or is there an advantage of simultaneous overclocking of CPU and RAM?

The most important question: Does the CPU fan properly? Is switched on "threshold achievement" in higher rotation? (Idle in "First Stage" at about 50 C)

If you still have time you can do like a few temperature data.

For example, idle temperature in your default 4158MHz and maximum value at wPrime run.

The maximum value of 4313MHz at 1.5V is madness. :eek: This was an important piece of information.
    So you know you can be very soothing and constant work with 4000MHz without having a guilty conscience. :)

In the "wPrime" indicating the version number should always be called. I think you are "V.204" is used.
    Because your worth (21sec) I can with my "T9300" reach. (21.9 sec at 3.5 GHz with V.155)

5. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thank you for this picture!
    There must be someone knows of this problem. Unfortunately, I'm stumped here. :confused:
    My all slots are full-fledged, as distributed with Nvidia at the factory.
    Whether the solder of a full slot would help, I do not know. :confused:
    Have you actually an external floppy drive?

There must be someone on this thread, with experience in this area!

Dragone! Kohai! Other! What do you say?

EDIT:

In a direct visual comparison I can find no differences in this area. Of course this is not a release for the solder of the fully occupied slot. If the full occupancy is required?

In direct comparison of the spoiler. left RickiBerlin MB Nvidia (no GPU plugged in) / right "wmafile" MB ATI (with ATI GPU plugged in)
    [​IMG]

left RickiBerlin MB Nvidia (no GPU plugged in) / right "wmafile" MB ATI (with ATI GPU plugged in)

6. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i asked about changing my name a long time ago. this was when i got a dv7t when i signed up. a little older. look the same ;)

7. no-tech

no-tech Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Theoretically, the CPU with the higher FSB, and equal speed, would be faster.
    I didnt say nothing about Fan behaviour because it acts same as with X9000 and other compatible cpu's, all's good, only X9100 E0 is much cooler than X9000, i remember reaching 102C at max. overclock playing crysis2.
    This one seems to reach 74/75C at max speed during Wprime1024, latest version.
    X9100 @ 2300MHz Idle temps are 31/32C
    X9100 @ 4158MHz Idle temps are 33/34C
    Today is a cold day though, temp room 25C

8. no-tech

no-tech Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    See Nando4 reply is exhaustive enough.
    BTW If you decide that you do not want to pinmod and look for an X9000 istead send me a message, I have one spare now, bought exactly from that seller!

9. SteveAngello

SteveAngello Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    To All you Pros out there,

Some noob advice required here:

I've bought a t9300 processor and wish to upgrade my t8100 using comptrekkies helpful videos.

Questions:
    1) Will the bios need to be updated? Or do any other changes need to be made after replacing the t8100? Just curious.
    2) I will be using Spire Silver Heatsink Thermal Compound 0.5G [SP-700/0.5G] from Overclock.co.uk. Is it good?
    3) Any other helpful advice? Anything to watch out for?
    4) How much time should I allow for this? Bearing in mind I am a complete noob, and I've only changed the ram before, and cleaned up the fans. (8 hours?)

Will genuinely APPRECIATE anyone's advice,

10. eugene2878

eugene2878 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    1. No need to update the bios.
    2. The dearer the better. More quality thermal paste like the OCZ freeze would reduce the temperature by 1-3 degree. If it is not important to you you can go for any.
    3. Make sure you ground youself. Accurately follow official service manual.
    4. 2-4 hours. Depends on your skills and previous experience.