*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Blizzard_Waffles

Blizzard_Waffles Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello dragon fanatics,

I was having a issue with a clean install of Win7 Ult SP1 and it starts with my freaking video drivers, I went ahead and installed the recommended drivers 197.45 and the issue I'm having there is my brightness keys wont function and since my eyes are very sensitive I have a hard time with the major brightness unless I injust the brightness with the slider in the power options menu which I don't have the patience to do since my patience span is about the size of this period .<---, I have tried countless versions I believe in which are higher then 197 mostly everything is super tiny and even is hard to read so if anyone has a solution for a more stable video drivers that would be major help and as well possibly updating the windows 7 installing guide since these 9000 series are so finicky with there drivers. Thanks for taking the time to read my rant post!

2. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So you're saying uninstalling and reinstalling Digitalpersona got it working in Firefox 4?

3. toomy

toomy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, maybe 2.0 or someone can help, please? I did silly mistake, I just flashed with SPDTool 0.63 my 2 X 4GB Qimonda PC2-5300 333MHz DDR2 part.nr 64T512022EDL3SA serial numbers 2402A017 and 2402A410 to 400MHz without doing any thing else what 2.0, RicyBerlin and others has explained. Now if I but memory in 1 slot even with same time OK memory in second slot, HDX has black screen, no boot, even no bios screen. I can access to memory and flash it if I start system with OK memory and then but computer to sleep mode and add my flashed 4GB memory. I have dried to flash back, I have saved original SPD-s but it gives errors while flashing (like: Verify Failed. Index 0X2C is 0X2B, should be 0X18) I click retry to all errors and flash ends but when I restart it is black screen. Please If anyone can help, I hope my 2X4GB memory is not all dead. Sorry my bad English.

The RAM is flashed to his instructions, he continues to work at 333MHz with CL5. (not CL6)
    Apparently, even if only 400MHz are available (see CPU-Z), the HDX starts at 333MHz with CL5.

Unfortunately I do not have 667MHz RAM and can not run tests.

However, here are my pictures from the 800MHz RAM.
    Here again, all values &#8203;&#8203;are manually entered.
    It's not enough just to flash "CL6".
    The pictures show the completed and properly flashed my Kingston RAM.
    So if you want to flash RAM 800MHz CL6, the eighth in the line "Timing Summary" from "SPDTool"and my local settings!!!

So it is correct:
    [​IMG]

See also in CPU-Z tab "Memory" (top right in my picture) the correct values.

Here are the original timings:

[​IMG]

After flash process start anew! The BIOS must initialize the RAM.

Note:

After numerous tests, I'll stay with CL5.
    (I can always use the 4GB CL6 Kingston)
    My tests at CL5 with 3.4 + GHz, however, were always stable.
    Sure, 28% RAM overclock, but no memory errors.
    Since I do not always use 3.4+ GHz (2.7 GHz to 3.1 GHz normal) but it also has an advantage ... The RAM is CL6 not slowed down. (higher RAM throughput at adapted over klock)

CL6 offers no higher CPU frequency. Here limits the max voltage (T9300 1.2125V).
    CL5 is for me and my RAM clearly a better choice.[/QUOTE]

4. S_K_I

S_K_I Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No, I'm sorry I got you confused, when I uninstall digitalpersona, the firngerprint doesn't recognize HP SimplePass at all, nor does the firefox 4.0 plugin work. And when I said the part about reinstalling digitalpersona, the program and fingerprint reader function fine, but as I said before AuthenTec will no long be supporting any further updates past firefox 3.6.4, in other words, you're screwed if you want to use the digitalpersona finger reader with firefox 4.

But according to HP, you can do this with SimplePass, I just can't get the fingerprint reader to work with it period. Which leads me to believe the driver and the program don't like each other.

5. cutthroat_jake

cutthroat_jake Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  6. S_K_I

S_K_I Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  7. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hmm ok.. You think it may work on a clean install? Or maybe it only will work with the newest fingerprint reader drivers..:/

8. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thank you for your reply.
    Your info was already out of the link.

I also could not detect any further problems and will also have to make any BIOS changes.
    A System Restore original disk is not an option for me. My systems are running perfectly without any errors.

(3x Bios F.41 sp51602_SLIC21_no_whitelist_dualIDA and "VistaHPx32" and "Win7Profx64" dual boot on all three "HDX clone systems")

9. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Here is a picture of the new HDX design: :D

[​IMG]

Here's the link to the Ebay auction.
    My inquiries revealed that his girlfriend had a tantrum.
    So, for always loving to your wives! ;)
    To buy it was not worth it, it was all removed. (also the NvidiaGPU)

Here are a few absurd prices of HDX models in Germany: Links --> :err: <---> :laugh: <---> :twitchy: <--- Click me individually !!!
    Sometimes people have to pay up to 1000 € (1426 $) for models with T7500, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, ATI GPU, bezel cracked, defective battery, and without OS.

What value should then have my 3 HDX?
    All three are in absolute mint condition. No scratches, no cracks, all with full facilities and great battery life.
    Akku 84240mWh Wear Level 0% Real values, no HWMonitor info ! See here:
    [​IMG]

Who a "Radeon HD 2600 XT" is required, a U.S. Ebay link here.

And yet a funny offering. :eek: :D
    T9300, 4GB RAM, WSXGA +, NvidiaGPU, 2x250GB HDD 1499, - €. (2138,- $)

10. Snaak

Snaak Newbie

Reputations:
    I am not planning to overclock my machine, even though it does sound interesting, I think my lack of knowledge on this subject should keep me from engaging into such activities. So I will go for the PC2-5300 then? I have the T9300 by the way. Thank you.