*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. bucaramanga

bucaramanga Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you, to all who answered my question, I got a program from HP called support assistant, and it does checks the battery and it says is 100% charged, windows 7 reports "Plugged and charging" but as soon as I disconnect the power plug the computer shuts down. The front battery light indicator blinks all the time.

2. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    The battery is dead, then, if that happens. Cells won't hold a charge. Blinking light indicates so sort of error code.

3. kohai

kohai Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    S K I

I have baked an ATI card with success. The first time, I followed most of the web concensus instructions and set the temp to 385 F and the duration to 8 minutes. That didn't do it. The second time, I set the temp to just below the 400 F hash mark, and used a duration of 11-12 minutes. The card has worked like a champ since. If your card is bake-able and not like chip-dead or something, this should at least make it functional for normal use.

4. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i understand about temperature. i read those links. didn't really provide info specific to storage capacity.

i understand about self discharge. what i am saying is that some say that storing rechargeable batteries at 90% for example, will destroy the cells more than if you store the batteries at 50%, given the same temperature and other factors.

had i known this, i would not rotate my hdx batteries every few months and fully charge before i take it out for storage. as well my other rechargeable batteries like eneloops, which somehow do not seem to suffer from this mythical "do not store your batteries fully charged" myth.

storing a battery that is more fully charge should serve to only prevent the battery from going dead sooner, due to self discharge.

5. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Eneloops are a different chemistry. NiMh. They don't have the issues that Li-Ion batteries have.

Storing Li-ion batts at or near full capacity causes accelerated PERMANENT loss of capacity. Storing them below 50% capacity slows the permanent capacity loss. The difference is quite large. Storing at or near full capacity will result in a ~20% permanent loss of capacity per year as compared to ~4% loss per year when stored at or below 50% charge.

Though there a number of myths surrounding Li-ion batts, this one is not one of them.

6. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    thanks for the clarification. so could that extend to the battery that is in place in the laptop, if always plugged in? barring the monthly discharge (hey now...no period puns intended:eek: ) wouldn't leaving the hdx permanently lose capacity at a rate of 20%/12, monthly by having it always plugged in (again, excepting the monthly discharge):eek:

7. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

You vs Rikkie deathmatch on UFCtech.com?:) I'd be willing to donate if that's what he's looking for.

Thanks.

So second generation Intel SSD then.. How do I look them up.. via model number..?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  8. Dominick_7

Reputations:

Ah ok, I didn't know if it would fit. I figured it would work, but maybe look weird in installing it. It DOES technically work though yea?

9. Dominick_7

Reputations:
    Yes please.

10. Dominick_7

Reputations:

K phew.. dont know what the significance of that is.. that it will be harder to find?