*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Dominick 7

I can not give 100% recommendation for 5.1.0.175.
    Reason:
    1. The acquisition of the data loggin works only partially.
    2. The process "DPMiniDashboard.exe" will not end quickly enough.
    Thus a rerun of the program is not immediately possible. (I have to always stop the process via Task Manager)
    This error shows up when you want to log on several pages in succession.
    3. Possibility of spying passwords. (if no Windows password is used) This is the case with me.

And exactly that was the reason why I uninstalled it that time again.
    I test it again right now.
    It is performed without direct browser plugin. Therefore no more browser crashes. But I think outweigh the disadvantages.

The downloads the necessary drivers (8.5.0.251) you can find here.
    Remember, this driver does not work with older versions of DP. (for example, not to 4.11.3826)

EDIT:

I have now decided yet for this release.
    "DPMiniDashboard.exe" will end automatically after about 30 seconds. (after loggin on, "HP simple matching Identity Protection")
    Who wants to run multiple Loggins quick succession, which must go beyond the administration.
    In Vista, this version does not work incidentally.

2. paparon

paparon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks Burke
    I can't believe I am so close to filling up the 320B drive. I want to use the 500GB and make the 320 as s little safety valve for space. I can remember vividly my friends making fun of me for the "20 meg" hard drive in my first computer. Said I will "never" fill that up. lol

Ron

3. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Although there are greater and sadder things happening in the world, for those buying computer parts from unproven vendors, the following excerpt and article should be cautionary:

"According to the Alliance for Gray Market and Counterfeit Abatement, up to 10% of all high-tech products sold worldwide are counterfeit."

The 10 Most Counterfeited Products Sold in America - DailyFinance

4. Burke

Burke Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

The XT is an impressive piece of hardware. It is indeed as advertised; almost as quick as an ssd. However it's not all peachy. It is actually 460GB not 500. Fortunately it is silent for a 7200 but does vibrate.

You should get Raxco PerfectDisk 11 for it. I use it for both my SSD and the XT and it is a brilliant piece of software. Consolidating the space on my drives resets the speeds back to peak performance. For my SSD it works better than wiper.exe or what ever firmware technology comes with the drive.

5. paparon

paparon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks again. I used the fast SCSIs for a number of years for my hard drive intensive work and have not adjusted to the slower 5400 rpms. I'll give the Raxco a good look.

Ron

6. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Lol. Yay. Do I win an HDX Dragon?:)

As an animator I can abbreeschiates that:)

7. Dominick_7

Reputations:

Lol.. oh man. That was good. Been so depressed with the news in Japan, that and winning an HDX Dragon helped:)

8. 2.0

2.0 NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    You finally found one you've been looking for then?

9. Dominick_7

Reputations:
    Lol no I was just joking, where with the Animaniacs line you posted I was wondering if I won a Dragon is all. I wish.

10. Dominick_7

Reputations:
    It's been quiet in here, so I figured I'd post this.. remember the guy who claimed to be able to upgrade the HDXs GPU to a 280 and then just disappeared? We'll for some reason he never posted this, but it's there and has been there for a while, as has been found by a friend of mine.. a video recording of the Everest specs of the supposedly successful installation of the 280 in his HDX..:

Fixed link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqNynOnFFPY