*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Yea I know been following the threads myself, and Best Buy really seemed to mess things up.. the whole release thing has been so frustrating.. I put one on preorder at Worst Buy, number 13 on the list.. don't know if they'll have enough on the first shipment. I dunno.. reading about how badly Best Buy is doing I don't know if I should buy from there anymore.. Hope they change their game plan. I remember they had HDXs at one point (to bring it back on topic..lol) but like with most retailers it had the lowest specs.. and of course none in stock for me to check out. Nice I have the Droid X and love it, the Xoom looks impressive, but I don't have a pocket big enough to carry that thing around. 7 inch screen I can KINDA see going in a cargo pants pocket, but it's pushing it. Androids great. I have like 90 apps on my Droid X right now. If anyone wants to learn Japanese the app called Human Japanese is fantastic, from what I hear better than Rosetta Stone, at least for beginners. You pre order the TB?

2. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't know how I could get around flash so many things use it. I really just hate Apple so I won't get an iPad. Agree with 2.0 Honeycomb is the way to go, the Xoom looks very impressive. Going to sites with no flash sucks. I find Apple has usually gone with older specs because they want to test them for eons before they put them in their devices. I still just really want a 5 inch 500GB capacity PVP, and unfortunately Archos is the only way to get that.

3. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    that explains everything.:)

4. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i see about facebook, but not sure how they get around visiting certain sites. i am sure they have an app for youtube, but there are a ton of sites that use it as a menu nav or something. i wont be getting any apple products anytime soon, unless like you say, you can mod/hack it easily, but still...too much hassle.

5. jakubd

jakubd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    dv7t: there are 2 aspects of this problem:
    1. More and more sites are getting back to the roots of HTML, CSS and proper JavaScript and try to avoid flash not to frustrate growing group of ipad/iphone users. So most modern sites are browsable on ipad. All you loose is most of the ads :)
    2. Tablets and phones are still to weak in computing power to render "flashy" websites in realtime anyway especially on higher resolution screens. I have Galaxy Tab and all I can say is: do not turn on flash until you have a good adblocker or you will throw this damn thing into a trash bin in no time (But Dolphin HD with Adblock on Android makes the trick). The only device so far that can cope with flash in your hand with acceptable framerate and not loosing usability is Nokia N900 tablet/phone but this is not a solution for most of us because of the odd and not so popular operating system (maemo).

PS (about jews and polacks - feeling called to the blackboard to some extent :) - Polack (and often Jew too) in English is considered offensive (see: Polish jokes and wikipedia:polack) and this seems to be the only difference from Polish/Jewish apart from the fact, that Polish is also a name for the language we use.
    Also I'm not surprised you don't know any Polish words as this language is really FC UKed up (It's so hard many people in Poland still don't know some basic orthography and grammar). But for sure you know at least some of those words in English: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_words_of_Polish_origin

Not to be so offtopic: This week I have to install unlocked firmware 41 and two Wifi cards, so it will be able to work as an Access Point retransmitting signal received also by WiFi using Connectivy software - I needed this badly on my last trip. All I have to figure out is a second pair of antennas for the 2nd card, but for sure there is enough of free space inside to install some generic set from ebay.

6. RemyL75

RemyL75 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am bold in that i never pre-order lol. Usually i order from Wirefly.com. But I think I will wait for the Bionic, as i can prob get it at a discount. I am going to get a Xoom, prob in a few weeks. I want to see what the hackers and developers can/will do with it first. That way, not a lot of wating around for someone to make it even cooler lol.

Tablets/ Phones rendering flash in real-time: Most people don't care so long as it works. Flash works great on my Droid X and my Droid 1, so I have no complaints there.

But both to me are just companion devices to my Dragon (see what i did there?? lol). I have suction mounts for my iPad and Droid X on either side of my Dragon's stand so all of them are working and connected. Once i get the Xoom, I might just put the iPad in the car lol.

Speaking of the new (to me anyway lol) F41 BIOS.... it's probably been asked a dozen or so times, but what else can be used in the second slot now that we can upgrade the wi-fi in the 1st slot?? We already have bluetooth. I saw something about dual tv tuners. I was wondering what else is there to add??

7. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Given the HDX's size, nothing all that useful. GPS? Nah. 3G/4G/CDMA? Perhaps. mPCIe SSD (specific type that is not mSATA for mPCIe)? Yeah. But you can't boot from it.

Other than that, I don't really know. There was a post a few pages back that listed the different types of mPCIe cards available.

8. sakeiris

sakeiris Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys! new member here..

I have a sound problem whit mine.. i can't make the back panel to work!!! (without that only my front 2 speakers are active.. ) any idea on how to make the 5.1 functional?

9. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    What sound driver and what operating system?

10. sakeiris

sakeiris Newbie

Reputations:
    vista + 6.0.6000.16386 (microsoft)
    witch.. until i installed a codec from one of your previous links was just unknown