*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    am i the only one that noticed this....i know i have to find that page where there is a modded f40e bios because of throttlestop and all, but check this out, fwiw.

i am honestly shocked that they even came out with an update, but hp has an update for the bios as listed here. it's F41 now. no joke.

here for the base page
    Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion HDX9494NR Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

and here for bios page
    HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) HP Pavilion HDX9494NR Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

should i flash it? i am tempted. whatever it is, the people that modded the f40E might want to take a look at it, as it may have valuable changes not listed.

2. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ok too late, i already did it. i claim first. F41.

the installer was different this time. no progress bar. and it took like 5-10 minutes...i didn't time it exactly but took awhile. so when nothing was happening until it finished and instructed to shut down, i have to admit i was a little worried, but the message DID say it would take several minutes after all.

screens below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Nice find. Now all we need is for it to be modified for Dual IDA and no-whitelist.

4. RickiBerlin

RickiBerlin Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Funny. I look regularly for any updates in the download area.
    Thank you for this information. :notworthy:

Your installation states F.41 runs with HDX. :)
    However, this is already the only interesting thing. :( :eek:
    The Treat says THANK YOU!
    For you personally but this was an unnecessary risk.
    For Overklock T8100 need you "F.40E mod". So still a risk of a flash process.

Unless this is an indirect reaction (by HP) to the letter of "2.0" (His written request for a multiplier unlocked, several months ago).
    This would require the BIOS but are tested on the following properties.:

- EIST
    - X9000 multiplier unlock
    - Whitelist
    - Other changes in properties?

I do not mean that changes were made here!
    Furthermore, these changes have become uninteresting.
    We already have these features in "F.40E moddet. Thanks to "nando4" ! :notworthy:
    And unlock multiplier for ExtremCPU by "ThrottleStop. Thank You "Unclewebb" ! :notworthy:

If this information describes any real changes,...

[​IMG]

....this is not the case.
    Also, I never had any problems, exchange "F.41" could solve. What is this a change? Very strange is that after over 2 years seems an update.
    What's behind it?

Whether "nando4" a F.41 Modding performs remains to be seen.

Much more interesting would be a Modding F.35E. :eek2: Just a little nod to "nando4" :laugh: :twitchy:
    This version is the last in not running the fan continuously.
    In SSD operation, that of complete rest. (Maximum silence)

Disadvantage of the version F.35E:

I do not see any disadvantages compared to F.40E (or F.41).
    Anyone who recognizes a disadvantage? (apart from version information)

Detriment of all the newer versions after F.35E:

-There will always sucked dust.
    -A cleaning must be done more often.
    -In Battery shorter operating time.
    -Generally higher power consumption.
    In connection with "ThrottleStop" (my default 2.2GHz T9300 at 0.95 V) Continuous cooling
    completely useless. Iddle CPU temperature 26 degrees C.[/B]

See this change from "F.35E" to "F.36E": Note: This is just an image. No link to the BIOS!

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if this only relates to the CPU fan.
    However, the CPU and GPU fan on my HDX, the only sound source. (except speaker) ;)
    Would also be interesting, Someone Version F.35E "On running in conjunction with Windows 7?

All the newer "BIOS" versions behind "F.35E" contain no significant changes. ( @ 2.0, you would see a problem with a F.35E modding?)
    (Measured at HP description of the changes.)
    See here: (page loads a bit longer)

Important:
    Please leave "F.41" still on your system!
    You wait your response and any proposed test of "2.0"(or other users) from!
    In short, please change anything now!

5. 2.0

Reputations:
    I'm not going to test it. :nah:

Perhaps when it's modded to included the Dual-IDA and non-whitelist entries. Then it will have an incentive.

As for F35, considering BIOS SLIC, it may not run Win7 or have issues with Win7. If someone is running it with Win7, then it might be worth having it modded. Though, the set fans to always run was done in response to Nvidia solder bump issue.

6. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    and in response to fans always on, first it would/does keep the dragon cooler doesn't it? and also if you use hwmon and tray, that doesn't become an issue. i cannot hear mine (silent). unless it is doing heavy processing/gaming.

i will keep my f41, since i never figured out the throttlestop thing yet. sure let's ask nando about modding the f41 like the f40e. hopefully it's not a big issue.

i am curious as well as to the recent bios update by hp. curious as to the change listed as well. have enough people complained about this or something? can someone explain what the listed change even means?

7. 2.0

Reputations:
    Mystery to me. No idea what issue they are addressing other than what they state. The thing with BIOS updates is that they don't document all the changes. Just the major mission of the update.

8. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    and that's why i am wondering if with the new bios, that maybe the unlocking or whatever you do is built into it.

i will be a tester since i am the only one with F41. Just tell me how to overclock it. If I can clock it even just a little more, then i can tell you if it works. if it works, then perhaps a modded F41 is not necessary.

9. ~o~

~o~ Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi All, I've had my HDX 9010 (Vista 64bit) since new... I have a problem which has just come up that I thought you might be able to point me in the right direction for a solution.

I have the Toshiba DVDW/HD SD-L802B DVD drive and just recently when I insert a disk, regardless of whether it is a writable, it prompts me to "prepare this disk for writing". It seems to see any disk as a blank writable disk. Any ideas?

Also my quickbar hasn't worked for quite sometime. I was able to fix it once (about 2 years ago) by reinstalling the HP quickbar software but this doesn't see to do the trick - is there a patch or update which will fix this. I believe it is a conflict with an update which has caused this.

On a separate note: I am super glad to find this thread. I've been considering retiring my HDX but really can't come to separate myself from it. It has been the most reliable machine I've ever owned... seeing the upgrade and mod possiblities here has gotten me fired up... seems me and my baby could be together for a very long time now!

10. 2.0

Reputations:
    You likely need to clean the laser pickup in the drive. Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol and gently cleaning the pickup should help. As well as clearing any dust in the track of the head. If not, then you might need a new drive.

As for the quick bar, usually draining capacitance fixes it. Take the battery and AC out, then hold down the power button for 30 secs. Then plug those two items in and boot up.