*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. remdale

remdale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It seems like there's no such a 20.1 panel with 4K resolution

Dominick_7 likes this.
  2. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. remdale

Reputations:
    Dominick_7 likes this.
  4. Dominick_7

Reputations:
    Unsure what i was even pasting as a link, which i believe was supposed to be a 4k imac 21 inch screen, but then so i guess it'd be like the franken machine someone modded in the dragon lounge? i believe it was a 21 inch screen as well.

5. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It was a forum member in Italy, no-tech, who managed to install a 280M GTX by swapping out the screen for compatibility purposes. He got the card to run with a 21 inch screen, but it had a bit of a Frankenpad appearance.

Dominick_7 likes this.
  6. Dominick_7

Reputations:
    Thats right notech, i like the way it looks though https://www.flickr.com/photos/78411477@N02/sets/72157629681913093/

triturbo likes this.
  7. WoadRaider

WoadRaider Newbie

Reputations:
    Update: I was able to get the drive to seat properly: I tried taking the bracket off, that didn't work. I tried opening up the player and, in the hopes that the player just wasn't aligned exactly with the port, used the arms as a bit of leverage to change the angle of insertion; that didn't do anything. I figured out what the "optical drive tab" is and tried bending that so there was no chance it could be catching or in the way. What ended up working was just shoving the drive into the bay using entirely too much force, much more than I'm comfortable using on electronics.

Thanks for the drivers remdale.

Dominick_7 likes this.
  8. remdale

Reputations:
    I tried to figure out which panel was installed there and came across this lot https://www.ebay.com/c/9004859017
    After finding out the screen name LM215UH1, I checked it out on panelook.com. The screen resolution is somewhat different 4096×2304 from the standard 4K (3840 x 2160).
    Anyway, the physical size is bigger and would mean using a custom panel housing like in this case:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are welcome :)

Dominick_7 likes this.
  9. Dominick_7

Reputations:
    What specs does it have?

Interesting, i like the way that frankenmod looks. So because the resolution is different it will create issues unless one can find a 20 or 21 inch monitor with the same resolution? If there is one, i guess the trick then would be to attach the dual hinge to either take the monitor off the eurocom and attach the 4k 21 inch one with a modded rig or some sort, or put the euroms innards in the hdx chassis and mod it so the inputs/outputs match, mod the dual hinge etc? The previous would be more simple and straight forward yea?

10. remdale

Reputations:
    So what is going to be left from the Dragon? Just the plastic chassis? :vbbiggrin:
    Better of taking the whole lid off the Dragon and install it elsewhere which is what I'm thinking on at the moment. Another thing in question is how to control the CCFL driver to adjust brightness. It's controlled with a PWM signal coming from the video card. I'm thinking on replacing it with a different CCFL driver which could be controlled by just adjusting voltage.

Dominick_7 likes this.