*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Darkitec

Darkitec Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    it took me a min to remember torch is a flashlight to those of us in the colonies. Lights on the front of the machine light up like it's running normal, fans are running but there is absolutely nothing happening on the screen as though it's getting no power what so ever. I may pull the cover off of that to see if it's unplugged on the other end of the hinge.

Dominick_7 likes this.
  2. Darkitec

Reputations:
    I can now confirm, that there's no video output through the hdmi port I may try putting the old CMOS battery back in and see if I got a failed replacement battery.

Dominick_7 likes this.
  3. kimutler

kimutler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I would put a new CMOS battery in if was you, there very cheap to buy, yes check the plugs from the screen to motherboard make sure there been clipped in right home they can be tight fit, have you removed the graphic card from the motherboard when you stripped it down, if so it would be wise to check it is refitted correctly, reason being I had that problem in the passed, on removing the graphic card from the motherboard I noticed some of the gold pins on the card were damaged so was not making contact there very easly damaged, if that's not the case your graphic card could of gone bad baking it can fix it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    Dominick_7 likes this.
  4. remdale

remdale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did you try both SATA slots?
    I've followed their simple guide from here, but their software loads my QX9300 10-15% more compared to default MPC-HC settings.
    X9100 on the Dragon got 100% load. When trying to use GPU acceleration, the video just freezes at the very start. It could be because of the video driver or just need to reinstall Windows.
    Is it possible to do with CRU now using this EDID?

By the way, tried flashing EDID from the dreamcolor screen, but it didn't fix 4-bit output.

Dominick_7 likes this.
  5. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Unsure how missed this reply, but see it now. Hmm, can it be done via a usb matrox adapter or something? Are you saying the visuals dont look right? Hard to tell from the pic.

6. remdale

Reputations:
    Could be the way out.
    It's clearly visible. Can you see the horizontal line in the bottom? This is the start panel. All the other part under the panel is the top part of the screen. It won't let you move the cursor there

Dominick_7 likes this.
  7. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ah k was unsure what part was the wallpaper VS non wallpaper but yea hmm.. So it's like a weird tear /artifact /glitch? Maybe due to the measurements set for the difference between the sizes of each screen from the Lenovo VS HDX?

8. remdale

Reputations:
    It is Dell vBIOS which uses 1920x1200 panels. It was because of the video driver. When I installed one from HP, the issue was gone.

Dominick_7 likes this.
  9. Darkitec

Reputations:
    Well Crap, I followed the instructions tried the bake the GPU and found a component laying on the aluminum foil, so this video card is toast. Anyone have one they would be willing to sell cheap?

10. remdale

Reputations:
    Try to look at the board attentively and find that place. Hopefully, I will be able to identify the component for you.

Dominick_7 likes this.