*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So which project does this affect?

2. remdale

remdale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Actually all. As all the mods require ACPI altering.

3. MobileArtist

Reputations:
    Well, reamdale, I hope your motto is drawn from the hilarious sci-fi comedy of some years ago… "Galaxy Quest."

The motto of the Star Trek-like Galaxy Quest crew was "Never Give Up, Never Surrender."

Somebody has the ability to do this.

4. Bry_Guy

Bry_Guy Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if the HDX9000 Bluetooth (Intel 4965 WiFi w/ bluetooth) has issues with newer devices? I can get my new keyboard and mouse to work. The HDX wont even see/recognize them as devices. But it sees an Amazon Echo Spot as a speaker and my new JBL Headset/headphones, but not the Corsair keyboard and mouse (which my other laptop does see). Is that a driver or Bluetooth capability issue?

Secondly, I know my CMOS batter is dead, do I need to replace it? time and date are only lost if the main battery is removed or very dead.

Thanks,
    Bryan

5. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The keyboard and mouse most likely use low power BT profiles that you card can't understand due to its age, and even the headset will be using the older and lossy audio interface that limits you to a pretty crappy sound experience.

If there is no whitelist on the BIOS you could grab a mPCIe to m.2 adapter and mount an AX200 WiFi card in your laptop.

Bry_Guy likes this.
  6. kimutler

kimutler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    if you never take out your main battery you can live with it with the power adapter conneted 24/7 there will be a time when you need to clean the fans it would be a good time to strip down the laptop (if the battery does not die on you before hand) then to remove the mother board to change the cmos battery

7. remdale

Reputations:
    I would really appreciate if anyone could find a person for developing that simple utility. I would do all the other work to finish the mods.
    "Never give up" would mean that I have to go through programming classes and make the utility on my own:D
    But I'm not ready for that.

8. MobileArtist

Reputations:
    No. I don't think anyone can fault you for giving up. I think you're doing everything you can, and in this context I hope you will continue looking for such an individual, and if you can send me precisely what you need I will also try looking.

I appreciate all you have done for this forum.

Dominick_7 likes this.
  9. remdale

Reputations:
    Of course I will keep looking for one.
    The last section "The Source Code of the Decompresser Routine" of the manual describes the compression method used in the Dragon's BIOS. We need a person who could understand it and make a small program for compression/decompression of at least separate BIOS modules.
    So I would appreciate if anybody could do that for us.

Dominick_7 likes this.
  10. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If I understand that program already does that, have you tried reaching into the bios-mods,win-raid and mydigitallife forums/communities and asking if anyone still has that program stashed in some drive?

There is some real talent in those communities, and they usually have collections of tools dating years and years, because once you find those, you make a couple backups because such things are rare and you can't trust some random host keeping the files forever.

Dominick_7 likes this.