*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Badxrami

Badxrami Newbie

Reputations:
    What is the best processor I can put in my dragon hdx 9200 as of now? I know the forum states that the x9000 is the best but is there a newer one now? Like the i9 maybe?

2. Apollo-HDX

Apollo-HDX Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No, unfortunately not. Completely different chipset and socket. Look for an X9000.

3. Badxrami

Badxrami Newbie

Reputations:
    I see. I’m currently running Intel 2 duo T7700 @ 2.4GHz. I am still on windows 7 though. If I upgrade to windows 10, do all the HP quick touch option buttons all still work? And is the X9100 worth the upgrade from where I stand now? I also do have the Radeon HD 2600XT

4. Hristomir Hristov

Hristomir Hristov Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm not sure exactly what you're telling me. This abbreviation R227 tells me nothing.
    Can you explain, show me photos or give me a link.

My Russian is a little better than English, but technically it will not be enough.
    However, I understand common conversations well.
    Now it has become clear that I have an X9100 and will be overclocking.
    Which RAM would be better in this case?
    And specifically the best model to know?

5. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    The top left is for undervolting with -0,2V if I remember correctly (you can skip it since you can do it in software).
    The bottom right is what you need.

Hristomir Hristov likes this.
  6. Apollo-HDX

Apollo-HDX Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If memory serves, my first Dragon came with a T7300, which is a mere 2GHz and really benefited from the X9000 upgrade even at stock speeds (2.8GHz). The X9000 is only 400MHz faster than your processor so you won't see as much improvement, but it really shines when OC past 3GHz. My second Dragon came equipped with an X7900, also a 2.8GHz processor. It runs hot and don't want to OC it at all. It will be replaced with an X9100.
    I'm running Windows 7 as well. I don't see a compelling enough reason to 'upgrade' when there's a possibility for a decline in performance. Old systems usually run better on an older OS.

I'm not sure about the quick touch buttons on Win 10. I recall there were some issues with Win 10 drivers but don't know what if any solutions there are. I never use the touch panel buttons. Maybe someone who's running Win 10 can help you.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  7. remdale

remdale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    https://i.imgur.com/2m3XvV6.jpg
    Can you see it on the right to the chip?
    Just remove it. Don't forget about the resistor near the north bridge.
    I prefer Samsung memory

Hristomir Hristov likes this.
  8. sonic.screwdriver

sonic.screwdriver Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes quick touch buttons work in Windows 10. My system actually runs pretty well on 10. I don't recall what CPU I have. I think it runs at 2.5 GHz I'll double check when I get home.

9. kimutler

kimutler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    with that graphic card if you just update your w7 to w10 you be fine the only things I noticed is you cant use the built in tv as it has no sound in w10 the eject blue button does not work (but you can use the button on the dvd drive) and I noticed only one of the headphones sockets works the rest as far as I can see works ok i find w10 runs just as good as w7 as I have two dragons one with the Radeon HD 2600XT with cpu x7900 and a cpu x9000 with the NVidia 8800 card both running on w10

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  10. sjx_pl

sjx_pl Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, im
    Hi, i have dragon with X9000 and with the NVidia 8800. I would like to upgrade the system to W10 (x86 or x64) , but I have a problem with the graphics driver (the system hangs). What am I doing wrong?
    Can I count on the list of drivers I should install?