*HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge, Part 2*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Sep 3, 2010.

1. sonic.screwdriver

sonic.screwdriver Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. remdale

remdale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mmm...can you see it's working at PCIe 1.1 x1 instead of at least x16? I'm not sure if that's what we want. Will try to contact them anyway

3. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Avoid! This business scammed one of the forum members here. They couldn't get it to work and never returned his 2 HDX notebooks.

4. remdale

Reputations:
    Thanks for the alert! But I would really love to get their answer to my questions that I've sent

MobileArtist likes this.
  5. Apollo-HDX

Apollo-HDX Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That is a cautionary tale. The laptop owner sent two functioning machines to some random company based on a claim?

6. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    No, the owner or employee of the company started the experiment in this thread, documenting progress or lack there of. It's a few hundred pages back.

Sure. But they didn't get as far as you might imagine. And being that they are in business for this, how reliable or complete would you expect the answer to be? But if they give you hints, that might be enough.

7. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    From my recollection, he got either the Quadro 2700M or 3700M working, but the display looked "flat", and somewhat lacking in punch, contrast or vividness. After some analysis, it appeared that the card was sending the wrong color bit rate (6 bit) to the display. I got in touch with Nvidia and Eurocom and had offers of assistance, but the fellow at ITE became unresponsive to my messages.

It may be that his attempts to fix the problem on his own only made things worse, and being an overextended one-man operation he just couldn't handle it, which in no way justified his irresponsible treatment of our fellow forum member.

There is an expert ThinkPad modder who knew how to change the bit rate sent out by the Quadro (which is capable of high bit rate), but he is a recluse, and posts only on the Korean and Chinese ThinkPad forums, and my attempts to reach him were futile.

8. remdale

Reputations:
    I'm wondering how they were going to help you when ACPI tables need to be replaced which we still cannot do. I'm not sure they could supply you with the right tables, but most likely they were going to send you a tweaked vBIOS.
    What happened next? Did you refuse their help?

9. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not at all. The ball was in the court of the ITE fellow, particularly with regards to Nvidia's request for a readout of his modded system with the Quadro installed. He never sent me the required readouts. This was pretty frustrating given my not inconsiderable efforts to enlist the help of these two companies.

Reaching out for the help of Chinese and Korean language capable technicians to contact the ThinkPad expert was no bowl of cherries either.

And I don't even like cherries.

10. remdale

Reputations:
    So he was the guy that HP were trying to hide from you regarding the FX3700 mod?