1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

hp g60 blank screen won't boot up

Discussion in 'HP Compaq Presario, G-series and Mini Notebooks' started by harry18, Aug 18, 2011.

1. harry18

harry18 Newbie

Reputations:
    hi, I'm new to this forum. my problem is I have an HP G60 214em laptop. when i turn it on the LED's light up and the fans work but the screen is black and i can't even get graphics on an external monitor. I thought it was the GPU so I've installed a new motherboard and i still have the same problem the memory is sound and it works in another laptop ok. The HDD seems to be ok. can anyone out there give me some advice please.:mad: :confused: :confused:

2. u4mism

u4mism Newbie

Reputations:
    Harry18 - did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue...

3. woodbuda

woodbuda Newbie

Reputations:
    If it's the same problem as I have with my G60, turn it off, unplug it, and remove the battery for ~5 seconds. Put the battery back in, plug it in, and try to boot up. Tedious, but always works for me. I came to the forum to see if there were better (less tedious and permanent) solutions.

4. u4mism

u4mism Newbie

Reputations:
    Woodbuda,
    Thanks for responding but unfortunately, mine doesn't clear up doing the power trick! :-(