HP EX920 wayyy underperforming. How do I go about getting it fixed?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Lamim Rashid, Oct 5, 2019.

1. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    think of it like this. bios has it's power saving feature such as cstate, pstate and other things like ASPM, LPM on chipset/pcie/dmi.

windows has core parking and power saving etc and you can access those option by tweaking registry to change demotion/promotion etc.

within windows if you use TS, there is speedstep and cstate which you also need to turn them off.

basically just turning one of them off may or may not work as each computer is different so to ensure they are all not controlling it, you disable them all. then you do a test you'll get maximum performance, anything else beyond that would be hardware side, SSD firmware, OS versions with it's NVMe drivers.

overclocking CPU also wins because CPU is the central of everything so u get boost from pretty much everything which is why turning cstate off affects SSD performance.

2. Casowen

Casowen Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It certainly varies from computer to computer. I noticed that I must keep all of those checked as I get microstutter in other applications. Are you aware of anything in regards to "Interrupt response limit"? I cant find any particular documentation as to doing what with what in it actually does.

3. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    not sure what interrupt response limit is. but it makes no sense to have micro stutter if you turn off power saving infact it should be the opposite, less micro stutter/ lag/ delay once you turn them off, because you get more performance.

only thing i can think of is if you are really getting microstuter having turning power saving feature off then it could be because power/temp throttling either in CPU/storage causes stuttering.

4. Casowen

Casowen Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    We are discussing that in throttestop forum now. I dont know either, so more testing is on the way.

ole!!! likes this.